英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第225期:第十三章 自白(16)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
My head was spinning at the rapid change in direction our conversation had taken. 我的脑海里一片混乱,我们的对话居然急转直下走到了这个方向上。
From the cheerful topic of my impending 1 demise 2, we were suddenly declaring ourselves. 刚才我们还在讨论着那个愉快的关于我迫在眉睫的死亡的话题,现在我们竟然在相互告白了。
He waited, and even though I looked down to study our hands between us, I knew his golden eyes were on me. 他等待着,尽管我低着头开始研究我们之间相握的手,我知道他金色的眼睛正注视着我。
"You already know how I feel, of course," I finally said. “你已经知道我的感觉了,当然,”我最终说道。
"I'm here...which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you." “我就在这里……这,大致翻译过来的话,是指我宁愿死,也不愿离开你。”
I frowned. "I'm an idiot." 我皱起眉。“我是个傻瓜。”
"You are an idiot," he agreed with a laugh. “你确实是个傻瓜。”他赞同地大笑起来。
Our eyes met, and I laughed, too. 我们的目光交汇在一起,
We laughed together at the idiocy 3 and sheer impossibility of such a moment. 然后我也大笑起来。我们一起为这种白痴的,全无可能的行径大笑了许久。
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured. “那么,狮子爱上了绵羊……”他喃喃低语道。
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word. 我看向别处,掩饰着自己的眼神,因为我被这句话震撼了。
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed. “多么愚蠢的绵羊。”我叹息着说。
"What a sick, masochistic lion." “多么病态的,嗜好受虐的狮子。”
He stared into the shadowy forest for a long moment, and I wondered where his thoughts had taken him. 他凝望着那片幽暗的森林,许久许久,我想知道是什么样的想法让他沉浸其中。
"Why...?" I began, and then paused, not sure how to continue. “为什么……?”我开了口,但又停住了,不知道怎么说下去。
He looked at me and smiled; sunlight glinted off his face, his teeth. 他看着我,笑了,阳光闪耀在他的脸上,他的齿间。
"Yes?" “怎么了?”
"Tell me why you ran from me before." “告诉我,你刚才为什么要从我身边逃开。”
His smile faded. "You know why." 他的笑容消失了。“你知道为什么。”
"No, I mean, exactly what did I do wrong? “不,我是说,更确切些,我做错了什么?
I'll have to be on my guard, you see, so I better start learning what I shouldn't do. 我得提高警惕,你知道,所以我最好开始了解我不应该做什么。
This, for example"—I stroked the back of his hand—"seems to be all right." 这个,比方说”——我轻抚着他的手背——“似乎没问题。”
a.imminent, about to come or happen
- Against a background of impending famine, heavy fighting took place. 即将发生饥荒之时,严重的战乱爆发了。
- The king convoke parliament to cope with the impending danger. 国王召开国会以应付迫近眉睫的危险。
n.死亡;v.让渡,遗赠,转让
- He praised the union's aims but predicted its early demise.他赞扬协会的目标,但预期这一协会很快会消亡。
- The war brought about the industry's sudden demise.战争道致这个行业就这么突然垮了。
标签:
英语听力