英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第190期:第十二章 平衡(2)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"Are you hungry?" I asked, turning toward the kitchen. “你们饿了吗?”我问道,转身向厨房走去。
I was eager to escape Billy's searching gaze. 我渴望着逃离比利洞察的注视。
"Naw, we ate just before we came," Jacob answered. “不,我们来之前刚吃过。”雅克布答道。
"How about you, Charlie?" I called over my shoulder as I fled around the corner. “你呢,查理?”当我转过拐角的时候,我越过肩膀向后喊道。
"Sure," he replied, his voice moving in the direction of the front room and the TV. I could hear Billy's chair follow. “当然。”他应声说道。他的声音向着前厅和电视机的方向移动着。我能听到比利的轮椅跟着过去了。
The grilled 1 cheese sandwiches were in the frying pan and I was slicing up a tomato when I sensed someone behind me. 烤奶酪三明治已经在煎锅里了,我正在把一个马铃薯切片,这时我感觉到某人正站在我身后。
"So, how are things?" Jacob asked. “那么,最近过得怎么样?”雅克布问道。
"Pretty good." I smiled. His enthusiasm was hard to resist. "How about you? Did you finish your car?" “相当不错。”我微笑着说。要抵抗住他的热情是件很难的事。“你呢?你的车弄好了吗?”
"No." He frowned. "I still need parts. We borrowed that one." “没。”他皱起眉。“我还需要一些零部件。这辆车是我们借来的。”
He pointed 2 with his thumb in the direction of the front yard. 他用拇指指着前院的方向。
"Sorry. I haven't seen any... what was it you were looking for?" “对不起。我没看到什么……你要找的是什么?”
"Master cylinder 3." He grinned. "Is something wrong with the truck?" he added suddenly. “制动缸。”他咧嘴一笑。“那辆卡车有什么问题吗?”他忽然补充道。
"No." “没有。”
"Oh. I just wondered because you weren't driving it." “哦。我只是有点怀疑,因为你不再开它。”
I stared down at the pan, pulling up the edge of a sandwich to check the bottom side. "I got a ride with a friend." 我低下头看着煎锅,夹起一片三明治的一角,检查朝下的那一面。“我搭一个朋友的车上学。”
"Nice ride." Jacob's voice was admiring. “好车。”雅克布的声音里充满了赞叹。
"I didn't recognize the driver, though. I thought I knew most of the kids around here." “但是我不认识开车的那个人。我想我认识这附近的大部分孩子。”
I nodded noncommittally, keeping my eyes down as I flipped 4 sandwiches. 我含糊地点点头,始终低着头,给三明治翻面。
"My dad seemed to know him from somewhere." “我爸似乎在什么地方认识了他。”
"Jacob, could you hand me some plates? They're in the cupboard over the sink." “雅克布,你能递给我几个盘子吗?它们就在水槽上的橱柜里。”
"Sure." “好的。”
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
n.圆筒,柱(面),汽缸
- What's the volume of this cylinder?这个圆筒的体积有多少?
- The cylinder is getting too much gas and not enough air.汽缸里汽油太多而空气不足。
标签:
英语听力