英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第178期:第十一章 复杂(7)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
I kept my expression firmly under control, expecting the swift flash of his eyes to judge my reaction that soon followed. 我意志坚定地控制着自己的表情,希望他的眼神能紧接着掠过来,鉴定我的反应。
My face gave nothing away. 我的脸没有泄露任何信息。
But our eyes held, and the silence deepened—and changed. 但是我们的眼睛僵持着,而沉默加剧了——而且改变了。
Flickers 1 of the electricity I'd felt this afternoon began to charge the atmosphere as he gazed unrelentingly into my eyes. 今天下午我感觉到的摇曳不定的电流开始掌控了气氛,而他毫不松懈地凝视着我的眼睛。
It wasn't until my head started to swim that I realized I wasn't breathing. 直到我的头开始发晕,我才意识到自己没在呼吸。
When I drew in a jagged breath, breaking the stillness, he closed his eyes. 当我晕乎乎地深吸了一口气,打破了沉默时,他闭上了眼睛。
"Bella, I think you should go inside now." “贝拉,我想你现在应该进屋去了。”
His low voice was rough, his eyes on the clouds again. 他低沉的声音沙哑着,他又开始看那些云了。
I opened the door, and the arctic draft that burst into the car helped clear my head. 我打开门,一阵极寒的冷风涌进车里,让我的脑子清醒起来。
Afraid I might stumble in my woozy state, I stepped carefully out of the car and shut the door behind me without looking back. 我生怕自己会在这种头晕眼花的状态中被绊倒,于是小心翼翼地走出车外,头也不回地关上了身后的门。
The whir of the automatic window unrolling made me turn. 电动车窗降下来的呼呼声让我回过身去。
"Oh, Bella?" he called after me, his voice more even. “哦,贝拉?”他在我后面喊着,他的声音更平和些了。
He leaned toward the open window with a faint smile on his lips. 他向打开的车窗倚过来,唇上挂着一抹浅笑。
"Yes?" “怎么了?”
"Tomorrow it's my turn." “明天轮到我了。”
"Your turn to what?" “轮到你什么?”
He smiled wider, flashing his gleaming teeth. "Ask the questions." 他笑得更开怀了,露出闪闪发亮的皓齿:“提问。”
And then he was gone, the car speeding down the street and disappearing around the corner before I could even collect my thoughts. 然后他走了,车子加速开进了街道,消失在拐角处,而我还没来得及理清自己的思绪。
I smiled as I walked to the house. 我微笑着,向屋子走去。
It was clear he was planning to see me tomorrow, if nothing else. 这表明他计划明天和我见面,如果没有意外的话。
标签:
英语听力