时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色


英语课

 As long as the "we" part was in, I didn't care about anything else. 一听到“我们”这个词,我就什么都不在乎了。


"I'm open to alternatives," I allowed. "But I do have a favor to ask." “哪个我都能接受。”我要求道。“但我有个不情之请。”
He looked wary 1, as he always did when I asked an open-ended question. 他看上去很警惕,每当我提出一个开放性的问题时他总是这样。
"What?" “什么?”
"Can I drive?" “能让我开车吗?”
He frowned 2. "Why?" 他皱起眉:“为什么?”
"Well, mostly because when I told Charlie I was going to Seattle, he specifically 3 asked if I was going alone and, at the time, I was. “嗯,主要是因为当我告诉查理我要去西雅图时,他特意问过我是不是一个人去,而那时,我是一个人。
If he asked again, I probably wouldn't lie, but I don't think he will ask again, 如果他再问的话,我大概也不会撒谎,但我不认为他会再问一次。
and leaving my truck at home would just bring up the subject unnecessarily. 而把我的卡车留在家里只会毫不必要地引起这个话题。
And also, because your driving frightens me." 另外,因为你的疯狂驾驶把我吓坏了。”
He rolled his eyes. "Of all the things about me that could frighten you, you worry about my driving." 他转了转眼睛。“在所有关于我的能把你吓坏的事中,你只担心我的驾驶。”
He shook his head in disgust 4, but then his eyes were serious again. 他厌恶地摇了摇头,但随即他的眼神又严肃起来。
"Won't you want to tell your father that you're spending the day with me?" “你不想告诉你父亲你要和我呆一整天吗?”
There was an undercurrent to his question that I didn't understand. 他的问题里涌动着我无法理解的暗流。
"With Charlie, less is always more." I was definite about that. "Where are we going, anyway?" “跟查理在一起,少言为妙。”我对此很有把握。“总之,我们要去哪里?”
"The weather will be nice, so I'll be staying out of the public eye...and you can stay with me, if you'd like to." “那天的天气会很好,所以我不能待在众目睽睽之下……当然你可以和我一起,如果你愿意的话。”
Again, he was leaving the choice up to me. 又一次,他给出了选择,让我自己决定。
"And you'll show me what you meant, about the sun?" I asked, excited by the idea of unraveling another of the unknowns. “而你将向我展示你所指的,关于阳光的事?我问道,为即将解开又一个未解之谜的念头兴奋着。”
"Yes." He smiled, and then paused. “是的。”他微笑起来,然后顿了顿。
"But if you don't want to be...alone with me, I'd still rather you didn't go to Seattle by yourself. “但即使你不想……和我单独相处,我还是希望你不要独自去西雅图。
I shudder 5 to think of the trouble you could find in a city that size." 一想到你在那么大的城市里可能会遇到的危险我就不寒而栗。”

adj.谨慎的,机警的,小心的
  • He is wary of telling secrets to others.他谨防向他人泄露秘密。
  • Paula frowned,suddenly wary.宝拉皱了皱眉头,突然警惕起来。
皱眉( frown的过去式和过去分词 )
  • She frowned in puzzlement. 她迷惑地蹙着眉。
  • The mother frowned when her son failed in his exam. 儿子考试不及格时,母亲皱着眉。
adv.明确地,具体地;特别地,特意
  • The book was written specifically for children.这本书是特地为儿童编写的。
  • I told you specifically not to do that.我明确地告诉你不要那样做。
n.使厌恶,使反感;vt.恶,反感
  • The food at the hotel filled him with disgust.旅馆的食物使他作呕。
  • My immediate reaction was just disgust.我当时的第一反应就是反感。
v.战粟,震动,剧烈地摇晃;n.战粟,抖动
  • The sight of the coffin sent a shudder through him.看到那副棺材,他浑身一阵战栗。
  • We all shudder at the thought of the dreadful dirty place.我们一想到那可怕的肮脏地方就浑身战惊。
标签: 英语听力