英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第166期:第十章 审问(14)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
His brow creased 1 angrily for a moment, then smoothed as his eyes took on a knowing look. 他的眉头愤怒地纠结了片刻,然后平缓下来,他露出了知晓一切的眼神。
"You don't see yourself very clearly, you know. I'll admit you're dead-on about the bad things," he chuckled 2 blackly, “你没有看清楚自己,你知道的。我承认在那些不好的事情上你完全正确,”他阴郁地轻笑着,
"but you didn't hear what every human male in this school was thinking on your first day." “可惜你没听到当你第一天来到这里的时候,学校里的每一个人类男性都在想什么。”
I blinked, astonished. "I don't believe it..." I mumbled 3 to myself. 我眨了眨眼睛,惊讶不已。“我不敢相信……”我低声自言自语着。
"Trust me just this once—you are the opposite of ordinary." “相信我,哪怕就这一次——你完全是平凡的反义词。”
My embarrassment 4 was much stronger than my pleasure at the look that came into his eyes when he said this. 我的窘迫运甚于他说这些时的眼神给我带来的愉悦。
I quickly reminded him of my original argument. 我赶紧提醒他我最初的论点。
"But I'm not saying goodbye," I pointed 5 out. “可我没有说再见。”我指出来。
"Don't you see? That's what proves me right. I care the most, because if I can do it"—he shook his head, seeming to struggle with the thought— “你没看出来吗?这正是证明了我是对的。我的喜爱最深,因为如果我能做到”他摇了摇头,似乎在和那个想法斗争着——
"if leaving is the right thing to do, then I'll hurt myself to keep from hurting you, to keep you safe." “如果离开是正确的做法,那我宁可伤害自己以免伤害到你,只要能确保你的安全无虞。”
I glared. "And you don't think I would do the same?" 我怒目而视:“而你不认为我能做到同样的事?”
"You'd never have to make the choice." “你永远都不必作出这样的选择。”
Abruptly 6, his unpredictable mood shifted again; a mischievous 7, devastating 8 smile rearranged his features. 突然,他喜怒无常的情绪又变了。一个顽劣的,讥讽的笑容重又出现在他脸上。
"Of course, keeping you safe is beginning to feel like a full-time 9 occupation that requires my constant presence." “当然,确保你的安全无虞正在变成一件全时制的工作,需要我永不间断地守在你身旁。”
"No one has tried to do away with me today," I reminded him, grateful for the lighter 10 subject. "今天可没人想要干掉我。”我提醒着他,很高兴能够转到一个相对轻松的话题。
I didn't want him to talk about goodbyes anymore. 我不想让他再谈到任何关于别离的问题了。
If I had to, I supposed I could purposefully put myself in danger to keep him close 如果我非得这样做的话,我猜想我会刻意让自己处于险境之中,好让他靠近我……
I banished 11 that thought before his quick eyes read it on my face. That idea would definitely get me in trouble. 在他敏锐的眼睛从我脸上看出这个念头以前,我把它赶出了脑海。这个想法显然会给我带来麻烦的。
(使…)起折痕,弄皱( crease的过去式和过去分词 ); (皮肤)皱起,使起皱纹; 皱皱巴巴
- You've creased my newspaper. 你把我的报纸弄皱了。
- The bullet merely creased his shoulder. 子弹只不过擦破了他肩部的皮肤。
轻声地笑( chuckle的过去式和过去分词 )
- She chuckled at the memory. 想起这件事她就暗自发笑。
- She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered his astonished look. 想起他那惊讶的表情,她就轻轻地暗自发笑。
含糊地说某事,叽咕,咕哝( mumble的过去式和过去分词 )
- He mumbled something to me which I did not quite catch. 他对我叽咕了几句话,可我没太听清楚。
- George mumbled incoherently to himself. 乔治语无伦次地喃喃自语。
n.尴尬;使人为难的人(事物);障碍;窘迫
- She could have died away with embarrassment.她窘迫得要死。
- Coughing at a concert can be a real embarrassment.在音乐会上咳嗽真会使人难堪。
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
adv.突然地,出其不意地
- He gestured abruptly for Virginia to get in the car.他粗鲁地示意弗吉尼亚上车。
- I was abruptly notified that a half-hour speech was expected of me.我突然被通知要讲半个小时的话。
adj.调皮的,恶作剧的,有害的,伤人的
- He is a mischievous but lovable boy.他是一个淘气但可爱的小孩。
- A mischievous cur must be tied short.恶狗必须拴得短。
adj.毁灭性的,令人震惊的,强有力的
- It is the most devastating storm in 20 years.这是20年来破坏性最大的风暴。
- Affairs do have a devastating effect on marriages.婚外情确实会对婚姻造成毁灭性的影响。
adj.满工作日的或工作周的,全时间的
- A full-time job may be too much for her.全天工作她恐怕吃不消。
- I don't know how she copes with looking after her family and doing a full-time job.既要照顾家庭又要全天工作,我不知道她是如何对付的。
n.打火机,点火器;驳船;v.用驳船运送;light的比较级
- The portrait was touched up so as to make it lighter.这张画经过润色,色调明朗了一些。
- The lighter works off the car battery.引燃器利用汽车蓄电池打火。
标签:
英语听力