英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第164期:第十章 审问(12)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
It was too easy to get wrapped up in our own private, tense little bubble. 我们太容易陷入我们两人私有的世界里,这是紧绷的气氛带来的少许幻觉。
"Do you truly believe that you care more for me than I do for you?" he murmured, leaning closer to me as he spoke 1, his dark golden eyes piercing. “你真的相信,你对我的喜欢比我对你的还要多吗?”他低声说着,说话间他向我靠得更近了,他黑金色的眼眸极具穿透力。
I tried to remember how to exhale 2. I had to look away before it came back to me. 我努力想要回想起如何呼吸。我不得不看向别处,直到我重又开始呼吸为止。
"You're doing it again," I muttered. “你又来了。”我低声抱怨道。
His eyes opened wide with surprise. "What?" 他的眼睛因为惊讶而睁大了。“什么?”
"Dazzling me," I admitted, trying to concentrate as I looked back at him. “把我迷得晕头转向。”我坦白道。当我再次看向他时,我努力让自己集中精神。
"Oh." He frowned. “哦。”他皱起眉。
"It's not your fault," I sighed. "You can't help it." “这不是你的错。”我叹息道。“你没法控制这个。”
"Are you going to answer the question?" “你打算回答我的问题了吗?”
I looked down. "Yes." 我低下头。“是的。”
"Yes, you are going to answer, or yes, you really think that?" He was irritated again. “是的,你正准备回答,或者是的,你确实是这样认为的?”他再次烦躁起来。
"Yes, I really think that." I kept my eyes down on the table, my eyes tracing the pattern of the faux wood grains printed on the laminate. “是的,我确实这样认为。”我继续低头看着桌面,我的目光描摹着喷绘在三合板上的人造木纹的图案。
The silence dragged on. I stubbornly refused to be the first to break it this time, fighting hard against the temptation to peek 3 at his expression. 沉默仍在延续着。这次我固执地拒绝成为第一个打破沉默的人,艰难地与偷瞄他的神情的诱或斗争着。
Finally he spoke, voice velvet 4 soft. "You're wrong." 最终,他说话了,声音像天鹅绒一样柔软:“你错了。”
I glanced up to see that his eyes were gentle. 我抬起头,看见了他温柔的眼眸。
"You can't know that," I disagreed in a whisper. “你不会知道那种事的。”我耳语着,不同意他的观点。
I shook my head in doubt, though my heart throbbed 5 at his words and I wanted so badly to believe them. 我怀疑着摇了摇头,尽管我的心为他的话悸动着,我是那么的想要相信他的话。
"What makes you think so?" His liquid topaz eyes were penetrating—trying futilely 6, I assumed, to lift the truth straight from my mind. “是什么让你这样想的?”他清澈如黄水晶般的眼眸十分锐利——我认为,是在徒劳地尝试着,直接从我的心里挖出真相。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
v.呼气,散出,吐出,蒸发
- Sweet odours exhale from flowers.花儿散发出花香。
- Wade exhaled a cloud of smoke and coughed.韦德吐出一口烟,然后咳嗽起来。
vi.偷看,窥视;n.偷偷的一看,一瞥
- Larry takes a peek out of the window.赖瑞往窗外偷看了一下。
- Cover your eyes and don't peek.捂上眼睛,别偷看。
n.丝绒,天鹅绒;adj.丝绒制的,柔软的
- This material feels like velvet.这料子摸起来像丝绒。
- The new settlers wore the finest silk and velvet clothing.新来的移民穿着最华丽的丝绸和天鹅绒衣服。
抽痛( throb的过去式和过去分词 ); (心脏、脉搏等)跳动
- His head throbbed painfully. 他的头一抽一跳地痛。
- The pulse throbbed steadily. 脉搏跳得平稳。
标签:
英语听力