英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第45期:第四章 邀请(9)
时间:2019-01-22 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"Oh, okay." "哦,那好。"
The thought of sitting in women's clothing stores for any period of time immediately put him off. 一想到在女式服装店里一袋就不知会有多久,他立刻就打退堂鼓了。
"Thanks." I smiled at him. "谢谢。"我冲他笑了笑。
"Will you be back in time for the dance?" "你会赶回来参加舞会吗?"
Grrr. Only in a town this small would a father know when the high school dances were. 真气人.也只有在这样的小镇,做父母的才会连高中什么时候开舞会都知道。
"No — I don't dance, Dad." "不——您啥时候见过我跳舞的,爸。"
He, of all people, should understand that — I didn't get my balance problems from my mother. 他应该比谁都明白,我平衡能力差可不是妈妈遗传的。
He did understand. 他倒也确实明白。
"Oh, that's right," he realized. "哦,也是。"他意识到了。
The next morning, when I pulled into the parking lot, I deliberately 1 parked as far as possible from the silver Volvo. 第二天早上,进了停车场以后,我故意把车停到了离那辆银色沃尔沃尽可能远的地方。
I didn't want to put myself in the path of too much temptation and end up owing him a new car. 我可不想自己找罪受,弄得手痒痒的,落个要赔人家一辆新车的下场。
Getting out of the cab, I fumbled 2 with my key and it fell into a puddle 3 at my feet. 从驾驶室出来,我笨手笨脚地摸钥匙,不想它掉进了我脚下的一滩积水里。
As I bent 4 to get it, a white hand flashed out and grabbed it before I could. 正当我弯腰去捡的时候,忽然闪出一只白净的手,先我一步捡到了手。
I jerked upright. 我猛地直起了身子。
Edward Cullen was right next to me, leaning casually 5 against my truck. 爱德华·卡伦就紧挨在我身边,漫不经心地靠在我车上。
"How do you do that?" "你怎么做到的?"
I asked in amazed irritation 6. 我又惊又气地问道。
"Do what?" "做到什么?"
He held my key out as he spoke 7. 他边说边把钥匙摊在了手上。
As I reached for it, he dropped it into my palm. 我正要伸手去拿的时候,他一松手,让它掉进了我的手掌里。
"Appear out of thin air." "神出鬼没的,说冒出来就冒出来了。"
"Bella, it's not my fault if you are exceptionally unobservant." "贝拉,这可不能怪我哟,谁叫你这么不小心呢。"
His voice was quiet as usual — velvet 8, muted. 他的声音和平常一样轻——轻得像绒毛似的,好像没有出声似的。
I scowled 9 at his perfect face. 我瞪眼怒视着他那完美无暇的脸。
His eyes were light again today, a deep, golden honey color. 今天他的眼睛又亮了,是一种很深的蜜褐色。
Then I had to look down, to reassemble my now-tangled thoughts. 然后我只好低下头,重新去捋一捋此时已经乱作一团的思路。
adv.审慎地;蓄意地;故意地
- The girl gave the show away deliberately.女孩故意泄露秘密。
- They deliberately shifted off the argument.他们故意回避这个论点。
(笨拙地)摸索或处理(某事物)( fumble的过去式和过去分词 ); 乱摸,笨拙地弄; 使落下
- She fumbled in her pocket for a handkerchief. 她在她口袋里胡乱摸找手帕。
- He fumbled about in his pockets for the ticket. 他(瞎)摸着衣兜找票。
n.(雨)水坑,泥潭
- The boy hopped the mud puddle and ran down the walk.这个男孩跳过泥坑,沿着人行道跑了。
- She tripped over and landed in a puddle.她绊了一下,跌在水坑里。
n.爱好,癖好;adj.弯的;决心的,一心的
- He was fully bent upon the project.他一心扑在这项计划上。
- We bent over backward to help them.我们尽了最大努力帮助他们。
adv.漠不关心地,无动于衷地,不负责任地
- She remarked casually that she was changing her job.她当时漫不经心地说要换工作。
- I casually mentioned that I might be interested in working abroad.我不经意地提到我可能会对出国工作感兴趣。
n.激怒,恼怒,生气
- He could not hide his irritation that he had not been invited.他无法掩饰因未被邀请而生的气恼。
- Barbicane said nothing,but his silence covered serious irritation.巴比康什么也不说,但是他的沉默里潜伏着阴郁的怒火。
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.丝绒,天鹅绒;adj.丝绒制的,柔软的
- This material feels like velvet.这料子摸起来像丝绒。
- The new settlers wore the finest silk and velvet clothing.新来的移民穿着最华丽的丝绸和天鹅绒衣服。
标签:
英语听力