时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色


英语课

   Edward's arms wound around me as the next song started. It was a little up-tempo for slow dancing, but that didn't seem to concern him.  当另一首舞曲开始的时候,爱德华的胳膊环绕着我。这对慢舞来说节奏有点快,但这似乎并没有难倒他。


  I leaned my head against his chest, content. 我把头靠在他胸口,感到心满意足。
  Feeling better? I teased. “感觉好些了?”我揶揄着。
  Not really, he said tersely 1. “完全没有。”他简单地答道。
  Don't be mad at Billy, I sighed. He just worries about me for Charlie's sake. It's nothing personal. “别对比利抓狂。”我叹了口气。“他只是因为查理的缘故才担心我。这不是什么人身攻击。”
  I'm not mad at Billy, he corrected in a clipped voice. But his son is irritating me. “我没对比利抓狂。”他用一种紧绷的声音更正到。“但他的儿子很让我恼怒。”
  I pulled back to look at him. His face was very serious. 我退回去看着他。他的神情非常严肃。
  Why? “为什么?”
  First of all, he made me break my promise. “首先,他让我打破了我的承诺。”
  I stared at him in confusion. He half-smiled. I promised I wouldn't let go of you tonight, he explained. 我困惑地盯着他。
  Oh. Well, I forgive you. “哦。好吧,我原谅你。”
  Thanks. But there's something else. Edward frowned. “谢谢。但还有别的一些事情。”爱德华皱起眉。
  I waited patiently.  我耐心地等待着。

1 tersely
adv. 简捷地, 简要地
  • Nixon proceeded to respond, mercifully more tersely than Brezhnev. 尼克松开始作出回答了。幸运的是,他讲的比勃列日涅夫简练。
  • Hafiz Issail tersely informed me that Israel force had broken the young cease-fire. 哈菲兹·伊斯梅尔的来电简洁扼要,他说以色列部队破坏了刚刚生效的停火。
标签: 英语听力