时间:2018-12-03 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色


英语课

   You thought that would be a black tie occasion, did you? he teased, touching 1 the lapel of his tuxedo 2 jacket. “你以为这是某种隆重的场合,对吗?”他揶揄着,抚摩着他晚礼服外套的衣领。


  I scowled 3 to hide my embarrassment 4. I don't know how these things work. To me, at least, it seems more rational than prom does. He was still grinning.  我绷起脸,想要掩饰住自己的窘迫。“我不知道这些事情是怎么发生的。至少,对我来说,这比舞会要合理得多。”他依然咧嘴笑着。
  It's not funny, I said. “这一点儿也不有趣。”我说道。
  No, you're right, it's not, he agreed, his smile fading. I'd rather treat it like a joke, though, than believe you're serious. “不,你是对的,这一点儿也不有趣。”他赞同道,他的笑容消失了。“不过,与其相信你是认真的,我更愿意把这当成一个笑话。”
  But I am serious. “但我是认真的。”
  He sighed deeply. I know. And you're really that willing? 他深深地叹息着。“我知道。你真的那么情愿吗?”
  The pain was back in his eyes. I bit my lip and nodded. 痛苦的神情又回到了他的眼中。我咬住唇,点了点头。
  So ready for this to be the end, he murmured, almost to himself, for this to be the twilight 5 of your life, though your life has barely started.  “已经准备好结束了,”他喃喃低语着,几乎是在自言自语。“把这当成了你人生中的暮色,尽管你的人生才刚刚开始。
  You're ready to give up everything. 你已经准备好了放弃一切。”
  It's not the end, it's the beginning, I disagreed under my breath. “这不是结束,这只是开始。”我低声表示不同意。
  I'm not worth it, he said sadly. “我不值得你这样做。”他悲伤地说着。

1 touching
adj.动人的,使人感伤的
  • It was a touching sight.这是一幅动人的景象。
  • His letter was touching.他的信很感人。
2 tuxedo
n.礼服,无尾礼服
  • Well,you have your own tuxedo.噢,你有自己的燕尾服。
  • Have I told you how amazing you look in this tuxedo?我告诉过你穿这件燕尾服看起来很棒吗?
3 scowled
怒视,生气地皱眉( scowl的过去式和过去分词 )
  • He scowled his displeasure. 他满脸嗔色。
  • The teacher scowled at his noisy class. 老师对他那喧闹的课堂板着脸。
4 embarrassment
n.尴尬;使人为难的人(事物);障碍;窘迫
  • She could have died away with embarrassment.她窘迫得要死。
  • Coughing at a concert can be a real embarrassment.在音乐会上咳嗽真会使人难堪。
5 twilight
n.暮光,黄昏;暮年,晚期,衰落时期
  • Twilight merged into darkness.夕阳的光辉融于黑暗中。
  • Twilight was sweet with the smell of lilac and freshly turned earth.薄暮充满紫丁香和新翻耕的泥土的香味。
标签: 英语听力
学英语单词