时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:英语PK台


英语课

 Dialogue 1


Mark: Well, Jingjing, we sure picked a nice day for a hike.
马克:京晶。我们确定要挑个天气好的日子去远足。
Jingjing: Yeah, this reminds me of the time we went up to the Great Wall.
京晶:是啊。这让我想起了我们登长城的日子。
Mark: Right. I can't believe a year has passed already since we got out of the city. This'll take us rather a lot longer to get to the top.
马克:是的。我简直不敢相信离我们出城去郊区走走已经过去一年了。这次要花比上次长得多的时间去登顶了。
Jingjing: How long is the climb?
京晶:爬个山要多久?
Mark: You know, I didn't time it when I was here before. I'm thinking a couple hours, three tops.
马克:你知道,我之前来的时候也没计算时间。我在想需要个几小时吧,三个最多了。
Jingjing: We'd better get started, then. You lead the way.
京晶:我们最好现在就动身,然后,你来领路。
Mark: The trail is pretty steep at first, then it flattens 2 out for a while.
马克:山径一开始非常陡峭,不久就会变得平坦一会儿。
Jingjing: Can we see the top from here?
京晶:从这儿能看到山顶吗?
Mark: We can see the ridge 3. We won't see the summit 4 until we get up there.
马克:我们能看到山脊。我们得上到那儿以后才能看到山顶。
Jingjing: Ok, then. Let's pace ourselves.
京晶:好的。那,我们徐徐前进吧,不用很赶。
Mark: You're packing water, right?
马克:你带水了吧?
Jingjing: Now you ask me? What would you do if I said I didn't have any?
京晶:现在你问我?如果我说我没有你怎么办?
Mark: I think there's some for sale at the village up ahead, but I'm not sure. I only saw that small canteen of yours.
马克:我想前面的村庄应该有卖的吧,但我不确定。我只看见了你的小水罐。
Jingjing: Not to worry. I have four or five bottles in my backpack. That's what's making it so heavy.
京晶:不用担心。我背包里有四五瓶水。这就是包那么重的原因。
Mark: Ok. If your shoulders get tired, we could switch. But mine is pretty heavy too.
马克:好的,如果你的肩太累了,我们可以换着背,但我的包也很沉。
Jingjing: I'm just glad to be out of the concrete jungle, and glad we have some cool-but-not-cold weather for our climb.
京晶:我真是觉得能走出城市的钢铁丛林是一种快乐,同时也觉得很开心这爬山的天气凉而不冷正合适。
New words : 习语短语
time (v) 计算时间
pay attention to how long something takes
summit 山顶,山峰
the highest point on a mountain
pace ourselves 
不要走太快,以节省体力
don't walk too quickly, save some energy
concrete jungle 
水泥森林,指城市
the city, without green spaces
Dialogue 2
Later, Jingjing and Mark are more than
halfway 5 up.
一会儿后,京晶和马克已经走了一半多的路程了
Jingjing: Mark, you said the summit is just over this ridge. Is that it, way over there?
京晶:马克,你说过了这个山脊就是山顶了,那个是吗?那边那个?
Mark: Yep. We still have a ways to go. It's only steep in a few places.
马克:是的。我们还有好一段路要走呢。只有少数地方比较陡了。
Jingjing: I bet 1 the view is great, though. We can already see a lot from here.
京晶:但我打赌风景一定棒极了。我们从这儿已经能看到好多了。
Mark: We'll be looking down on this ridge in a half an hour or so. Would you like to take a breather here?
马克:半个小时左右我们就能俯瞰这条山脉了。你想在这里停下歇口气吗?
Jingjing: Nope. If it's just a half an hour, I'm all for getting to the top. There's a place to sit up there, right?
京晶:不了。如果还有半个小时就能到,我完全愿意直接走到登顶。山顶那儿也有地方坐下休息吧?
Mark: Sure. There's a deck 6. Let's talk more once we get there.
马克:当然,有块地面。等到达后我们再说别的。
Jingjing: Wow, that was worth it. We can see Beijing from here.
京晶:哇哦,这一趟太值得了,在这里我们能看见北京。
Mark: I'm about ready to eat. I didn't notice how hungry I was until we stopped.
马克:我准备要吃点东西了。我都没注意到我有多么饿直到我们停下来。
Jingjing: Here's what I have. Did you bring much.
京晶:我的吃的都在这。你带得多吗?
Mark: You bet. Help yourself.
马克:那必须的。你自便。
Jingjing: Great. So, are we going to go down the same way we came up?
京晶:好极了。我们下去的时候也是上来这条路吗?
Mark: We could. There's a gentler way, but it's a lot longer.
马克:可以啊。有一条轻松点儿的路,但是要走得更久一些。
Jingjing: Oh, now you tell me. My feet are aching.
京晶:噢,现在你告诉我(为何不早说?),我的脚正疼呢。
Mark: Then it's better to go down the long way. I haven't hiked in a while either. The climb took a lot out of me.
马克:这样的话最好从那条长路走下去了,我也很长时间没有在山里行走了。爬这趟山真是把我累得。
Jingjing: Ha ha. Let's not talk about hiking for now.
京晶:哈哈。那我们现在先暂时别提远足这档子事了。
New words : 习语短语
breather 歇息
a break, stopping to catch one's breath
all for 完全同意选择做某事
totally in favor of
took a lot out of me
令人劳累,体力透支
made me exhausted, used up all of my energy/talent

v.打赌,以(与)...打赌;n.赌注,赌金;打赌
  • I bet you can't do this puzzle.我敢说,你解决不了这个难题。
  • I offered to bet with him.我提出与他打赌。
变平,使(某物)变平( flatten的第三人称单数 ); 彻底打败某人,使丢脸; 停止增长(或上升); (把身体或身体部位)紧贴…
  • After Oxford the countryside flattens out. 过了牛津以远乡村逐渐平坦。
  • The graph flattens out gradually after a steep fall. 图表上的曲线突降之后逐渐趋于平稳。
n.山脊;鼻梁;分水岭
  • We clambered up the hillside to the ridge above.我们沿着山坡费力地爬上了山脊。
  • The infantry were advancing to attack the ridge.步兵部队正在向前挺进攻打山脊。
n.最高点,峰顶;最高级会议;极点
  • They climbed up the mountain and reached the summit.他们爬山,最终达到了山顶。
  • The summit of the mountain is lost in the cloud and mist.山顶隐没在云雾之中。
adj.中途的,不彻底的,部分的;adv.半路地,在中途,在半途
  • We had got only halfway when it began to get dark.走到半路,天就黑了。
  • In study the worst danger is give up halfway.在学习上,最忌讳的是有始无终。
n.甲板;公共汽车一层的车厢;纸牌;vt.装饰
  • Let's have a walk round the deck.我们去甲板上散步吧。
  • The sea wind swept over the deck.海风席卷过甲板。
标签: 英语PK台