英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第85期:第六章 惊悚故事(11)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
"You're Isabella Swan, aren't you?" “你是伊莎贝拉·史温,对吧?”
It was like the first day of school all over again. 就好像是到学校的第一天又历史重演了一样。
"Bella," I sighed. “贝拉。”我叹息道。
"I'm Jacob Black." He held his hand out in a friendly gesture. "You bought my dad's truck." “我是雅克布·布莱克。”他友好地伸出了手。“你买下了我的车。”
"Oh," I said, relieved 1, shaking his sleek 2 hand. "You're Billy's son. I probably should remember you." “哦。”我如释重负地说着,握了握他光滑的手。“你是比利的儿子,我应该记得你的。”
"No, I'm the youngest of the family — you would remember my older sisters." “不,我是家里最小的孩子——你可能还记得我的姐姐们。”
"Rachel and Rebecca," I suddenly recalled 3. “蕾切尔和丽贝卡。”我立刻想起来了。
Charlie and Billy had thrown us together a lot during my visits, to keep us busy while they fished. 我到这里的时候,查理和比利常常把我们丢在一起,好让我们在他们钓鱼的时候忙个不停。
We were all too shy to make much progress as friends. 我们都太害羞了,所以没能更进一步成为朋友。
Of course, I'd kicked up enough tantrums to end the fishing trips by the time I was eleven. 当然,当我十一岁的时候,我终于把我的怒火发作了出来,终结了钓鱼之旅。
"Are they here?" I examined the girls at the ocean's edge, wondering if I would recognize them now. “她们在这儿吗?”我审视着海边的那群女孩,想知道我现在还能不能把她们认出来。
"No." Jacob shook his head. “不,”雅克布摇着头说道。
"Rachel got a scholarship to Washington State, and Rebecca married a Samoan surfer — she lives in Hawaii now." “蕾切尔拿到了一份奖学金,到华盛顿州念书去了。瑞贝卡和一个萨摩亚冲浪运动员结了婚——她现在住在夏威夷。”
"Married. Wow." I was stunned 4. The twins were only a little over a year older than I was. “结婚,哇哦。”我大吃一惊。这对双胞胎只比我大一年多一点而已啊。
"So how do you like the truck?" he asked. “那么,你觉得那辆卡车怎么样?”他问道。
"I love it. It runs great." “我很喜欢,它跑得好极了。”
"Yeah, but it's really slow," he laughed. “是的,但真的太慢了。”他大笑起来。
"I was so relived when Charlie bought it. My dad wouldn't let me work on building another car when we had a perfectly 5 good vehicle right there." “查理把它买下来的时候我简直如释重负,当我们家拥有这样一辆出色的好车时,我爸是不会让我再装配一辆车的。”
"It's not that slow," I objected. “它没那么慢。”我伉仪道。
"Have you tried to go over sixty?" “你试过开到时速六十英里以上吗?”
"No," I admitted. “没有。”我承认。
"Good. Don't." He grinned. “很好,千万别这样做。”他龇牙咧嘴地笑了起来。
I couldn't help grinning back. "It does great in a collision," I offered in my truck's defense 6. 我不禁向他露齿一笑。“在事故里它表现得相当好。”我为自己的卡车辩护道。
"I don't think a tank could take out that old monster," he agreed with another laugh. “我认为就算是一辆坦_克也摧毁不了这个老怪物。”他又一次大笑起来,赞同道。
a.如释重负的
- You'll be relieved to know your jobs are safe. 现在知道你们的工作保住了,可以放心了。
- Your coming relieved me of the bother of writing a long letter. 你来了,省去我写长信的麻烦了。
adj.光滑的,井然有序的;v.使光滑,梳拢
- Women preferred sleek,shiny hair with little decoration.女士们更喜欢略加修饰的光滑闪亮型秀发。
- The horse's coat was sleek and glossy.这匹马全身润泽有光。
回忆起( recall的过去式和过去分词 ); 使想起; 使想到; 勾起
- I recalled that he had mentioned the problem once. 我回忆起他曾经有一次提到过这个问题。
- The sight recalled the days of childhood to me. 那情景使我回忆起童年。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
标签:
英语听力