美国语文第四册 第129期:安妮的梦(4)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
"It is very wonderful," said Annie. "Is it nice to be a sprite?" “太奇妙了,”安妮说,“做精灵好吗?”
Oh, yes, we are very gay. All last night we had a fine time sparkling in the moonlight. 噢,好,我们很开心。昨天整晚我们在月光下闪耀,过得快乐极了。
I wore a long wreath full of ice pearls and diamonds. Here is a piece of it. 我戴着长长的镶满冰珍珠和钻石的花环。这是其中一颗。
Before long we shall be water sprites again. I see the sun is coming this way. 我们不久就会重新变成水精灵。我看到太阳朝这边来了。
"Shall you dread 1 to be melted?" inquired Annie. “你害怕融化吗?”安妮问道。
"No, indeed," answered the sprite. "I like to change my form now and then." “不,实际上,”小精灵回答道,“我愿意不时换换体形。”
A thought flashed across Annie's brain. 一个念头掠过安妮的大脑。
What if she should breathe on the frost and not wait for the sun to melt it. In a moment more she had done so. 要是在霜上呼气,不等太阳融化它会怎么样。不一会,她果然这么做了。
Down fell a great number of the tiny mountains and castles, carrying with them a multitude of frost sprites, and all that could be seen was a drop of water on the window sill. 大量微小的山脉和城堡坍塌了,带着大量的霜精灵,窗玻璃上只看到一滴水。
"Oh, dear! have I hurt them?" she exclaimed. “噢,天哪!我伤到你们了吗?”她惊叫道。
"No, no," replied a chorus of many small voices from the drop of water, we are only water sprites again. “没有,没有,”水滴中很多小的声音齐声回答,我们又变成水精灵了。
Nothing hurts us; we merely change. 什么也不能伤害我们,我们只是变化了体形。
"But you are always pretty little things," said Annie. "I wish—" “可是你们永远是可爱的小精灵,”安妮说,“我希望——”
Here a ring at the doorbell woke Annie. 这时门铃声唤醒了梦中的安妮。
She started up to find the family had returned from their visit, which all declared was a delightful 2 one. 家人已经做客回来了,他们都说过得很开心。
But Annie said she did not believe they had enjoyed their visit better than she had her half hour's dream. 可是安妮说她不信他们过得比她半小时的梦还快乐。
vt.担忧,忧虑;惧怕,不敢;n.担忧,畏惧
- We all dread to think what will happen if the company closes.我们都不敢去想一旦公司关门我们该怎么办。
- Her heart was relieved of its blankest dread.她极度恐惧的心理消除了。
adj.令人高兴的,使人快乐的
- We had a delightful time by the seashore last Sunday.上星期天我们在海滨玩得真痛快。
- Peter played a delightful melody on his flute.彼得用笛子吹奏了一支欢快的曲子。