美国语文第四册 第114期:幸福之道(4)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
Look and see which of your companions have the most friends, and you will find that they are those who have this noble spirit; 观察一下,看你的伙伴里哪一个朋友最多,你会发现一定是具有这种高尚心灵的人,
who are willing to deny themselves, that they may make others happy. 他们为了让他人幸福愿意克制自己。
There is but one way to make friends; and that is, by being friendly to others. 交友的办法只有一个,就是对人友善。
Perhaps some child who reads this feels conscious of being disliked, and yet desires to have the affection of his companions. 可能有的孩子读到这里意识到自己不受人喜欢,可是希望得到伙伴们的情谊。
You ask me what you shall do. I will tell you. 你问我该怎么做,我会告诉你。
I will give you an infallible rule: Do all in your power to make others happy. 我会给你一条绝对有效的法则:尽全力使他人幸福,
Be willing to make sacrifices, that you may promote the happiness of others. 愿意为促进他人的幸福做出牺牲。
This is the way to make friends, and the only way. 这就是交友之道,唯一的交友之道。
When you are playing with your brothers and sisters at home, be always ready to give them more than their share of privileges. 当你在家里和兄弟姐妹玩,你应该总是愿意给予他们更多的权利。
Manifest an obliging disposition 1, and they can not but regard you with affection. 显示一颗乐于助人的心,他们会把爱心给你。
In all your intercourse 2 with others, at home or abroad, let these feelings influence you, and you will receive a rich reward. 在你和他人的交往中,不论在家里还是外面,拥有这种感情,你就会得到丰厚的回报。
n.性情,性格;意向,倾向;排列,部署
- He has made a good disposition of his property.他已对财产作了妥善处理。
- He has a cheerful disposition.他性情开朗。
n.性交;交流,交往,交际
- The magazine becomes a cultural medium of intercourse between the two peoples.该杂志成为两民族间文化交流的媒介。
- There was close intercourse between them.他们过往很密。