美国语文第四册 第146期:彩虹之旅(2)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
So thinking, and laying delightful 1 plans, almost before I knew it I had reached the cedar 2 grove 3, and the end of the rainbow was not there! 这样想着,开心地计划着,不知不觉就到了雪松林,彩虹的尽头却不在那儿!
But I saw it shining down among the trees a little farther off; 可是我看见不远处的树林里发出彩虹的光;
so on and on I struggled, through the thick bushes and over logs, till I came within the sound of a stream which ran through the swamp. 因此,我挣扎着继续向前走,走,穿过茂盛的灌木丛,跨过伐倒的圆木,走着走着,我听到了穿过沼泽的小溪的流水声。
Then I thought, "What if the rainbow should come down right in the middle of that deep, muddy brook 4!" 我想,“是彩虹落在又深又泥泞的小溪里可怎么办呢!”
Ah! but I was frightened for my heavy pots of gold and silver, and my purses of money. 啊!我不禁担心起那满罐的金银和鼓鼓的钱包了。
How should I ever find them there? and what a time I should have getting them out! 打捞可不容易!
I reached the bank of the stream, and "the end was not yet." 我来到了溪边,“彩虹的尽头也不在那儿”。
But I could see it a little way off on the other side. 我看到它就在小溪对面不远的地方。
I crossed the creek 5 on a fallen tree, and still ran on, though my limbs seemed to give way, and my side ached with fatigue 6. 我踩着一棵伐倒的树过了小溪,继续向前跑,我的双腿已经不太听使唤了,腰也很疼。
The woods grew thicker and darker, the ground more wet and swampy 7, 树林更密更黑,地面也更湿更难走,
and I found, as many grown people had found before me, that there was rather hard traveling in a journey after riches. 和很多成年人一样,我发现寻找财宝的路非常艰辛。
Suddenly I met in my way a large porcupine 8, who made himself still larger when he saw me, as a cross cat raises its back and makes tails at a dog. 突然,我遇到了一只豪猪,它一见我就耸起了身躯,就像坏脾气的猫遇到狗的时候,弓起背,竖起尾巴的样子。
Fearing that he would shoot his sharp quills 9 at me, I ran from him as fast as my tired feet would carry me. 我拔起劳累的双腿就跑,生怕豪猪会用刺刺我。
In my fright and hurry I forgot to keep my eye on the rainbow, as I had done before; 匆忙和害怕中,我忘记了彩虹。
and when, at last, I remembered and looked for it, it was nowhere in sight! 最后,想起彩虹的时候,哪儿也见不到了!
It had quite faded away. When I saw that it was indeed gone, I burst into tears; 彩虹消逝了。当我确定彩虹确实不见了,我嚎啕大哭起来;
for I had lost all my treasures, and had nothing to show for my pilgrimage but muddy feet and a wet and torn frock. 我已经失去了财宝,我的寻宝之旅什么也没找到,而且双腿还沾满泥,连衣裙也又湿又破。
So I set out for home. 我只能回家了。
adj.令人高兴的,使人快乐的
- We had a delightful time by the seashore last Sunday.上星期天我们在海滨玩得真痛快。
- Peter played a delightful melody on his flute.彼得用笛子吹奏了一支欢快的曲子。
n.雪松,香柏(木)
- The cedar was about five feet high and very shapely.那棵雪松约有五尺高,风姿优美。
- She struck the snow from the branches of an old cedar with gray lichen.她把长有灰色地衣的老雪松树枝上的雪打了下来。
n.林子,小树林,园林
- On top of the hill was a grove of tall trees.山顶上一片高大的树林。
- The scent of lemons filled the grove.柠檬香味充满了小树林。
n.小河,溪;v.忍受,容让
- In our room we could hear the murmur of a distant brook.在我们房间能听到远处小溪汩汩的流水声。
- The brook trickled through the valley.小溪涓涓流过峡谷。
n.小溪,小河,小湾
- He sprang through the creek.他跳过小河。
- People sunbathe in the nude on the rocks above the creek.人们在露出小溪的岩石上裸体晒日光浴。
n.疲劳,劳累
- The old lady can't bear the fatigue of a long journey.这位老妇人不能忍受长途旅行的疲劳。
- I have got over my weakness and fatigue.我已从虚弱和疲劳中恢复过来了。
adj.沼泽的,湿地的
- Malaria is still rampant in some swampy regions.疟疾在一些沼泽地区仍很猖獗。
- An ox as grazing in a swampy meadow.一头牛在一块泥泞的草地上吃草。
n.豪猪, 箭猪
- A porcupine is covered with prickles.箭猪身上长满了刺。
- There is a philosophy parable,call philosophy of porcupine.有一个哲学寓言,叫豪猪的哲学。