美国语文第四册 第51期:环境不同 处理各异(2)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
Oh, never fear! I will feed her well with oats on the road. Oats! neighbor; oats are very dear. 哦,不用担心!我会在路上给它喂燕麦的。燕麦!邻居啊,燕麦很贵。
Never mind that. When I have a good job in view, I never stand for trifles. 没关系。当有个好工作在望时,我不会在乎细微小事的。
But it is very slippery; and I am really afraid she will fall and break your neck. 但是路非常湿滑,我真的很担心它摔倒后折断你的脖子。
Give yourself no uneasiness about that. The mare 1 is certainly sure-footed; 您自己千万不要为此担忧。灰马肯定会步履稳健的
and, besides, you were just now talking of galloping 2 her to town. 另外,刚才您还说要骑着它飞奔去镇上呢。
Well, then, to tell you the plain truth, though I wish to oblige you with all my heart, my saddle is torn quite in pieces, 那么,跟你说实话吧,虽然我全新全意想要帮助你,可我的马鞍已经破成一片一片的了,
and I have just sent my bridle 3 to be mended. 而且我也已经把缰绳送去修理了。
Luckily, I have both a bridle and a saddle hanging up at home. 运气不错,我家里正挂着一副马鞍和缰绳。
Ah! that may be; but I am sure your saddle will never fit my mare. She's very notional. 哈!那倒是可能,但我相信你的马鞍配我的灰马肯定不合适。它是很有想法的。
Why, then I'll borrow neighbor Clodpole's. Clodpole's! his will no more fit than yours. 咳,那么我去借邻居克劳德普家的。克劳德普家的!他的不会比你那个更合适。
At the worst, then, I will go to my good friend, Squire 4 Jones. He has half a score of them; 最坏的情况是,我去找好朋友斯贵艾尔.琼斯。他那有十来个,
and I am sure he will lend me one that will fit her. 我相信他会把适合灰马的借给我。
You know, friend Derby, that no one is more willing to oblige his neighbors than I am. 德比,你看,没人比我更乐于帮助邻居了。
I do assure you the beast should be at your service, with all my heart; 我全心全意地向你保证,这匹马应该服务于你;
but she has not been curried 5, I believe, for three weeks past. Her foretop and mane want combing and cutting very much. 但在过去三个星期我都没给它梳理额毛和鬃毛。额毛和鬃毛现在非常需要修剪。
If anyone should see her in her present plight 6, it would ruin the sale of her. 如果有人看到它这么糟糕,肯定会降低它的身价的。
n.母马,母驴
- The mare has just thrown a foal in the stable.那匹母马刚刚在马厩里产下了一只小马驹。
- The mare foundered under the heavy load and collapsed in the road.那母马因负载过重而倒在路上。
n.笼头,束缚;vt.抑制,约束;动怒
- He learned to bridle his temper.他学会了控制脾气。
- I told my wife to put a bridle on her tongue.我告诉妻子说话要谨慎。
n.护卫, 侍从, 乡绅
- I told him the squire was the most liberal of men.我告诉他乡绅是世界上最宽宏大量的人。
- The squire was hard at work at Bristol.乡绅在布里斯托尔热衷于他的工作。
adj.加了咖喱(或咖喱粉的),用咖哩粉调理的
- She curried favor with the leader by contemptible means. 她用卑鄙的手段博取领导的欢心。 来自互联网
- Fresh ham, curried beef? 鲜火腿?咖喱牛肉? 来自互联网