美国语文第四册 第50期:环境不同 处理各异(1)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第四册
英语课
Good morning, neighbor Scrapewell. 早上好,斯科利普韦尔。
I have half a dozen miles to ride today, and shall be extremely obliged if you will lend me your gray mare 1. 我今天要赶十几英里路,如果你能把你的灰马借我,我将感激不尽。
It would give me great pleasure to oblige you, friend Derby; 能够帮你是我莫大的荣幸,德比;
but I am under the necessity of going to the mill this very morning, with a bag of corn. 但我今天一早就必须要到磨坊去,还要驮着一袋玉米。
My wife wants the meal to-day, and you know what a time there'll be if I disappoint her. 我妻子今天想吃粗粮,你知道,如果我让她扫兴了,日子得多难过。
Then she must want it still, for I can assure you the mill does not go today. 那么她一定会更想吃了,因为我可以向你保证,磨坊今天不开门。
I heard the miller 2 tell Will Davis that the water was too low. 我听说磨坊主跟威廉姆·戴维斯说水位太低了。
You don't say so! That is bad, indeed; for in that case I shall be obliged to gallop 3 off to town for the meal. 不见得吧!不过确实是太倒霉了;那样的话我就不得不骑马飞奔着进城去弄粗粮了。
My wife would comb my head for me if I should neglect it. 如果我忽略了这件事,我妻子肯定会修理我的。
I can save you this journey, for I have plenty of meal at home, and will lend your wife as much as she wants. 我能让你不必出门了,因为我家里有很多粗粮,可以借给你妻子,她要多少都行。
Ah! neighbor Derby, I am sure your meal would never suit my wife. You can't conceive how whimsical she is. 啊!德比,我敢肯定你的粗粮不符合我妻子的要求,你都想象不出她有多古怪。
If she were ten times more whimsical than she is, I am certain she would like it; 即使她比现在古怪十倍,我也敢肯定她会喜欢我的粗粮,
for you sold it to me yourself, and you assured me it was the best you ever had. 因为这些是你们卖给我的,你还保证说这是你们最好的。
Yes, yes! that's true, indeed; I always have the best of everything. 是的,是的!确实是事实;我的一切东西都总是最好的。
You know, neighbor Derby, that no one is more ready to oblige a friend than I am; 你看,德比,没人比我更乐于助人了。
but I must tell you the mare this morning refused to eat hay; and, truly, I am afraid she will not carry you. 但是我必须告诉你,今天早上灰马拒绝吃草,事实上,我是担心它载不了你。
n.母马,母驴
- The mare has just thrown a foal in the stable.那匹母马刚刚在马厩里产下了一只小马驹。
- The mare foundered under the heavy load and collapsed in the road.那母马因负载过重而倒在路上。
n.磨坊主
- Every miller draws water to his own mill.磨坊主都往自己磨里注水。
- The skilful miller killed millions of lions with his ski.技术娴熟的磨坊主用雪橇杀死了上百万头狮子。