英语PK台 第242期:十二星座性格密码:白羊座--处女座
英语课
Dialogue
Xiao Gao:Hey, Jingjing, what are you doing?
小高:嗨,京晶,你在干嘛呢?
Jingjing: Just reading my horoscope.
京晶:我在看我的星座运势。
XiaoGao: You actually read that nonsense?
小高:干嘛要看那些没用的东西?
Jingjing: Why not? It's really interesting.
京晶:为什么不呢,非常有意思呀!
XiaoGao: Can you tell me about it?
小高:你能给我讲讲吗?
Jingjing: It's based on astrology. Astrologers have divided a piece of the universe into twelve different signs. These are called zodiac signs. The word zodiac comes from Latin, which means “a circle of little animals”.
京晶:它的依据是占星学,占星学家们把宇宙的一部分分为十二宫,就叫做十二宫位图或星座。英文中“十二宫位图”这个词来源于拉丁语,它的意思是“一圈小动物”。
XiaoGao: Oh, okay, is it the same as the Chinese zodiac?
小高:好吧,这跟中国的十二生肖一样吗?
Jingjing: No, this horoscope is based on the month they were born, not the year.
京晶:不一样,星座是以出生的月份决定的,不是出生的年份。
XiaoGao: Oh, can you tell me about the signs?
小高:好吧,你能跟我讲讲这些星座吗?
Jingjing: Sure, people born between March 21 and April 19 are called Aries. They're really energetic, quick, and competitive 1. They like being active outside rather than staying home.
京晶:当然,出生在3月21日到4月19日的人是白羊座。他们精力充沛,思维敏捷,并且非常好胜。他们喜欢户外运动而不是宅在家里。
XiaoGao: I'm more of a hermit 2 and like to stay in my house. I don't think I'm an Aries.
小高:我更像个隐士,喜欢宅在家里,我想我应该不是白羊座。
Jingjing: You're not. You and I are both a Taurus because we were born between April 20and May 20. We're strong, dependable people that work hard at what we do.
京晶:你确实不是,你和我都是金牛座,因为我们都出生在4月20日到5月20日之间。我们都非常坚强、可靠,并且工作努力。
XiaoGao: That sounds like me. Do these signs have any weak points?
小高:这听起来挺像我的。这些星座的人有什么缺点吗?
Jingjing: Yeah, a Taurus is usually pretty stubborn 3 and we don't like sudden changes.
京晶:有啊,金牛座通常非常顽固,并且我们不喜欢突然的变化。
XiaoGao: So what's next?
小高:那下一个星座是什么?
Jingjing: People born between May 21 and June 21 are a Gemini. These people can be outgoing and fun, but sometimes they are serious and quiet.
京晶:出生在5月21日到6月21日之间的人是双子座,这些人非常开朗和有趣,但是有时他们会严肃而安静。
XiaoGao: Do they have any hobbies?
小高:他们有什么兴趣爱好吗?
Jingjing: Yes, they usually like to listen to music and read books.
京晶:是的,他们通常喜欢听音乐和读书。
习语短语
1.horoscope = 星座运势
2.nonsense = 废话
3.astrology = 占星学
4.zodiac= 黄道带,十二宫
5.aries= 白羊座 3月21日到4月19日
6.hermit= 隐士,喜欢独处的人
7.Taurus= 金牛座 4月20日至5月20日
8.weakpoint = 弱点
9.Gemini= 双子座 5月21日至6月21日
Dialogue
XiaoGao:I have to admit, this horoscope stuff really caught my attention. I went home and did my own research about it.
小高:我不得不承认,星座运势这东西真的引起我的兴趣了,我回家仔细研究了一番。
Jingjing: Oh yeah? Can you tell me what comes after Gemini?
京晶:真的吗?那你能告诉我双子座后面是什么星座吗?
XiaoGao:Yup, people born between June 22 and July 22 are called Cancer.They're the most sensitive of all. Family and home are the most important things in life to them.
小高:当然,出生在6月22日至7月22日之间的人是巨蟹座,他们是最敏感的星座。家庭是他们生命中最重要的东西。
Jingjing: That's right. Do you know what kinds of things they like?
京晶:你说得对,那你知道他们喜欢什么事情吗?
XiaoGao:One of their favorite things to do is relaxing at home with family members. But be careful, don't say anything bad about a Cancer's mother,they'll get really upset!
小高:他们最喜欢的事情之一就是和家人一起在家里放松。但是一定要小心,千万不能说巨蟹座的人妈妈的坏话,不然他们会非常生气。
Jingjing: Wow, you really learned a lot. Leo comes next right? Tell me about that.
京晶:哇,你确实学了不少东西啊?再然后是狮子座对吧,给我讲讲他们吧!
XiaoGao:That's right, if your birthday is between July 23 and August 22,then you're a Leo. Its symbol is the lion. Everyone finds the Leo to be incredibly charming.
小高:嗯,如果你的生日在7月23日和8月22日之间,那么你就是狮子座,这个星座的标志是狮子。大家都觉得狮子座非常有魅力。
Jingjing: Ohh! Now I wish I were a Leo. Not fair!
京晶:嗯,听你这么说我也想当狮子座了,这太不公平了。
XiaoGao:Don't worry. Sometimes Leos are lazy and arrogant 4. Besides, I already think you're charming…
小高:别急,有的时候狮子座会很懒惰,而且傲慢,况且,我觉得你已经很有魅力了。
Jingjing: Liar 5!
京晶:骗人!
XiaoGao:It's true! Anyways, after the Leo comes Virgo. Born between August23 and September 22, Virgos have a strong attention to detail. They are known to take good care of people.
小高:是真的,信不信由你。狮子座之后就是处女座,生日在8月23日和9月22日之间,他们极其关注细节,他们是公认的擅长照顾别人的人。
Jingjing: They also like to be around animals and nature. They take their jobs really seriously and tend to be a little shy.
京晶:他们也非常喜欢动物和大自然,他们对待工作非常认真,可有的时候会有一点儿害羞。
习语短语
1.catch someone's attention = 吸引某人的注意力,使某人开始思考某事
2.Cancer= 巨蟹座 6月22日至7月22日
3.Leo = 狮子座 7月23日至8月22日
4.charming = 有魅力的,迷人的
5.arrogant = 傲慢的
6.Virgo= 处女座 8月23日至9月22日
adj.竞争的,比赛的,好竞争的,有竞争力的
- Some kinds of business are competitive.有些商业是要竞争的。
- These businessmen are both competitive and honourable.这些商人既有竞争性又很诚实。
n.隐士,修道者;隐居
- He became a hermit after he was dismissed from office.他被解职后成了隐士。
- Chinese ancient landscape poetry was in natural connections with hermit culture.中国古代山水诗与隐士文化有着天然联系。
adj.难以移动,去除的,固执的,顽固的
- I can not cope with that boy;he is stubborn.我对付不了那个孩子,他很固执。
- When he's in his stubborn mood,he isn't easily talked round.他那股牛劲上来了,一时不容易说服。
adj.傲慢的,自大的
- You've got to get rid of your arrogant ways.你这骄傲劲儿得好好改改。
- People are waking up that he is arrogant.人们开始认识到他很傲慢。
标签:
英语PK台