英语PK台 第848期:跟《老友记》学美语(8)
英语课
地点:咖啡馆
人物:乔伊、菲比
事件:菲比假扮乌苏拉安慰乔伊,最后被乔伊发现。
剧情片段
Phoebe: Yeah, um... You know you, you should just forget about ① what I said 1 under the bridge 2. I was 3 talkin’ crazy② that night. I was so drunk 4!
菲比:是啊,嗯……你知道吗,你,你应该忘记我在桥下说过的话。那晚我就是胡言乱语。我喝醉了!
Joey: You don’t drink.
乔伊:你不喝酒的。
Phoebe: That’s right, I don’t... But I was, I was drunk on③ you!1
菲比:没错,我不喝……但我是,我是爱你爱得如痴如醉!
Phoebe: Okay 5, yeah, so it’s not gonna work.
菲比:好吧,是啊,我要说的是我们是没有结果的。
Joey: Why? Is it because I’m friends with Phoebe?
乔伊:为什么?就因为我是菲比的朋友?
Phoebe: If it was, would 6 you stop hanging 7 out with④ her?
菲比:如果是,你愿意就此不再和她来往吗?
Joey: No. No, I, I couldn’t do that.
乔伊:不,不行,我,我办不到。
Phoebe: Um, then yes, it’s ’cause of Phoebe! So, you know, it’s either⑤ her or me.2
菲比:呃,那么没错,就是因为菲比!所以说,你也知道,要么选她,要么选我。
Joey: Then, uh, then I’m sorry.
乔伊:那么,呃,那我只能说抱歉了。
Phoebe: You know... You’re gonna be really, really hard to get over.
菲比:你知道……要忘记你,真的,真的是一件很难的事。
Joey: I know... 3 I don’t know whether⑥ it’s just ’cause we’re breakin’ up or... what, but you have never looked so beautiful.
乔伊:我知道……不知到是否是因为要分手了,还是……什么原因,你看起来格外地漂亮。
Phoebe: Really?
菲比:真的?
Joey: Pheebs?
乔伊:菲比?
Phoebe: Yeah. Oooh...4
菲比:什么事?哦……
v.动词say的过去式、过去分词
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
n.桥,鼻梁,桥牌;vt.渡过,架桥
- There are two bookshops near the bridge.大桥附近有两家书店。
- I am strange at bridge.我对桥牌是外行。
adj.醉酒的;(喻)陶醉的;n.酗酒者,醉汉
- People who drives when they are drunk should be heavily penalised.醉酒驾车的人应受重罚。
- She found him drunk when she came home at night.她晚上回家时,经常发现他醉醺醺的。
(=okey,O.K.)adj./adv.好,行,不错;n.同意
- The play is okay,but I still prefer the book.戏还可以,可我仍愿读原著。
- Is it okay with you if I borrow this book?我借这本书你不在意吧?
aux.will的过去式;愿,要;常常;大概;将要,会
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
标签:
英语PK台