英语口译之看《功夫熊猫1》学台词第18讲
英语课
英语口译之《功夫熊猫1》十八:
-Tigress: Master, let us stop Tai Lung. This is what you've trained us for.
师傅,让我们来阻止Tailung。这也是你教我武功的目的呀。
No!It is not your destiny 1 to defeat Tai Lung.
不,打败Tailung不是你的使命。
It is his!
而是他的!
Where'd he go?
人呢?
You cannot leave!A real warrior 2 never quits.
你不可以走,真的武士是永不言弃的。
-Po: Watch me.
看看我,
Come on.
拜托,
How am I supposed to beat Tai Lung?
我凭什么打败Tailung?
I can't even beat you to the stairs.
我连绕过你下山都不行。
-Master: You will beat him because you are the Dragon Warrior.
你可以打败他的,因为你是“龙武士”。
-Po: You don't believe that. You never believed that.
你不信这鬼话,你从没信过这鬼话。
From the beginning you've tried to get rid of me.
我初来乍到的时候,你不是想方设法把我踢走?
-Master: Yes!I was.
没错。
But now I ask you to trust in your master
但现在,我要你相信你师傅,
as I have come to trust in mine.
就像我开始相信你一样。
-Po: You're not my master. And I'm not the Dragon Warrior.
你不是我师傅,我也不是什么“龙武士”。
-Master: Then why didn't you quit?!
那你为什么不放弃?!
You knew I wanted you gone, yet you stayed.
你明知道我要赶你走,但你还是留下了。
-Po: Yeah, I stayed.
没错,我是留下了。
I stayed because every time you threw a brick 3 at my head,
brick: 砖头
我留下是因为,每次你往我头上拍砖。
or said I smelled, it hurt but it could never hurt more
或者说我难闻,这很让我伤心。
than it did every day of my life just being me.
但是每天我看到自己不成材,更让我伤心。
I stayed because I thought if anyone could change me...
我留下是因为我知道,要是还有人能改变我。
could make me... not me...
可以让我超越自我。
it was you.
那个人就是你。
The greatest kung fu teacher in all of China!
全中国最了不起的功夫师傅。
-Master: But I can change you!
我可以改变你!
I can turn you into the Dragon Warrior! And I will!
我可以让你成为“龙武士”!我会的!
-Po: Come on. Tai Lung is on his way here right now.
得了吧!Tailung马上就要赶到了。
Even if it takes him a hundred years to get here
就算他要在路上耗上个一百年,
how are you gonna change this into the Dragon Warrior?
你又怎么能把眼前这个肥仔训练成龙武士?
How?
哪有办法?
How?
有吗?
How?!
没有了吧?
-Master: I don't know!
我不知道。
I don't know.
我不知道。
-Po: That's what I thought.
我就知道。
-Tigress: This is what you trained me for.
train: 训练
养兵千日,用兵一时。
-Viper: Tigress!
Tigeress!
-Tigress: Don't try and stop me.
别想拦我!
-Viper: We're not trying to stop you.
我们不是要拦你,
-Tigress: What?
什么?
-Viper: We're coming with you!
我们是要跟你并肩作战!
-Po: What? I eat when I'm upset, OK?
怎么啦?我不开心就吃不行吗?
-Master: No need to explain.
噢,不需要解释。
I thought you might be Monkey.
我还以为是皮猴儿呢。
He hides his almond cookies on the top shelf.
almond: 杏仁
他总把杏仁饼干藏在架子最上面。
-Po: Don't tell Monkey.
别跟猴哥说。
-Master: look At you.
看看你,
-Po: Yeah, I know, I disgust 4 you.
disgust: 使……感到恶心
我知道,我让你看了恶心。
-Master: No, I mean, how did you get up there?
不,我是说,你是怎么爬上去的?
-Po: I don't know. I guess that...
不晓得,我只是……
I don't know. I was getting a cookie.
不晓得,我只是想着饼干。
-Master: Yet you are ten feet off the ground.
然后你就瞬间离地十尺。
And you have done a perfect spilt 5.
而且还做出了完美的一字马。
-Po: No, this? This is just... an accident
不是啦,这只是……误打误撞。
-Master: There are no accidents.
根本就没有什么误打误撞。
Come with me.
跟我来。
n.命运,定数,天命
- Nobody knows his own destiny.没有人知道自己的命运。
- It was her destiny to become famous.她命里注定出名。
n.勇士,武士,斗士
- The young man is a bold warrior.这个年轻人是个很英勇的武士。
- A true warrior values glory and honor above life.一个真正的勇士珍视荣誉胜过生命。
n.砖;vt.用砖砌,用砖堵住
- She stared blankly at the brick wall in front of her.她面无表情地瞪着面前的砖墙。
- I bought a brick of ice cream for my daughter.我给女儿买了块冰砖。
n.使厌恶,使反感;vt.恶,反感
- The food at the hotel filled him with disgust.旅馆的食物使他作呕。
- My immediate reaction was just disgust.我当时的第一反应就是反感。
标签:
口译