打工姐妹花第一季 第262期:斯图尔特的肯定
时间:2018-12-07 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
And besides, you can't really believe gossip 1. 而且,你不能听信传闻
Look at all that hate mail I got with people calling me a bitch, and I'm not a bitch. 瞧瞧我收到的仇恨信,多少人骂我贱货啊,可其实我不是。
Well, that's debatable. Martha Stewart, hi. Hello. 这有待商议。玛莎·斯图尔特,你好。你好啊。
I'm Caroline, and this is my business partner, Max, and we have a start-up cupcake business. 我是卡洛琳,这是我的生意伙伴麦克斯,我们的小蛋糕生意刚起步。
Dude, are you serious? You're still going for it. 妹子,你不是吧,都这样了你还不放手啊
I know this is highly inappropriate, 我知道这非常不合时宜
but we brought a cupcake here tonight in hopes that you might taste it. 但我们今晚带了个小蛋糕过来,衷心希望你能尝一口。
So you want me to taste your cupcake in the ladies room. What's inappropriate about that? 所以你要我在女厕所吃你的小蛋糕。还有比这更不合时宜的吗?
We're a start-up business. We've got to take risks. This is Max. She's the baker 2. 我们的生意刚起步,不抓住机会不行啊。这位是麦克斯,她是烘培师。
You're the baker. I'm the baker. Hm, it looks quite appealing. 你是烘培师啊。我是烘培师。看起来蛮吸引人的。
Oh, my God. I know this is a social event, so I'm so sorry for making it about business. 天啊。我知道这是社交场合,很抱歉把它弄得那么商业化。
When you're in business for yourself, you have to take every situation as a business opportunity. 当你自己出来打拼事业时,你必须得把每一个场合都当作是商机。
Look, I have five of these in here. 瞧,我还随身带着五本书呢
I love your magazine. I read every single issue until they realized I didn't even go to that doctor. 我超爱看你的家政杂志。我阅读上面每一篇文章,直到我被抓到不是看病,只是去偷看杂志。
Well, in spite 3 of the fact that you have not yet washed your hands... 我要说一句,你至今还没有洗手...
I was just changing my dress in there. I'll taste it. You will? 我刚是在里面换衣服的。我会尝一口。真的吗?
I like your entrepreneurial 4 drive. 我喜欢你的闯劲
And I have a feeling that it's actually the only way I'm gonna get out of here alive. 而且我深深地觉得,只有尝一口,才能活着离开这儿。
That is our beer batter 5 maple 6 bacon spring break cupcake. Hm, clever name. Thank you. 这是我们的酒混面粉加枫蜜培根的特制春假小蛋糕。名字不错。谢谢。
It is a little smushed, though. That's unfortunate. I told you. 不过有点糊了,真可惜。我都说了。
Mmm. Quiet tasty. I like it. Do you girls have a card? 蛮好吃的。我喜欢。你们有名片吗?
Get it out, get it out, get it out. 拿出来,拿出来,快拿出来
Ah, thank you very much. "Max's homemade cupcakes." 非常感谢。"麦克斯自制小蛋糕"。
Well, you know who'd really like that cupcake? Stoners. 你知道谁会超级喜欢你们的小蛋糕吗?瘾君子。
She said "Max's homemade cupcakes." 她念了"麦克斯自制小蛋糕"这名字
Martha Stewart likes our cupcakes! Martha Stewart likes our cupcakes! 玛莎·斯图尔特喜欢我们的小蛋糕!玛莎·斯图尔特喜欢我们的小蛋糕!
1 gossip
n.流言蜚语,爱说长道短的人;vi.传播流言
- She broadcast the gossip all over the town.她将这个流言传遍全镇。
- They spread a lot of tacky gossip about his love life.关于他的爱情生活,他们散播了许多不堪的闲言闲语。
2 baker
n.面包师
- The baker bakes his bread in the bakery.面包师在面包房内烤面包。
- The baker frosted the cake with a mixture of sugar and whites of eggs.面包师在蛋糕上撒了一层白糖和蛋清的混合料。
3 spite
n.(用于短语)虽然,不顾,尽管
- He has modern ideas in spite of his great age.尽管他年事很高,但思想观念却很入时。
- In spite of his anger,his remarks were restrained.他尽管生气,说的话还是有节制的。
4 entrepreneurial
adj.企业家的;企业性质的
- Supply-side economics was supposed to promote savings, investment, and entrepreneurial creativity. 供应经济学政策的经济应该能够提高存款,刺激投资和企业创造力。
- How developing countries should enlarge their ranks of entrepreneurial organizers is very much an open question. 发展中国家应该怎样扩大其企业组织者的队伍是一个很有争论的问题。
标签:
打工姐妹花