《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第477期:令人胆寒
英语课
The Mojave is one of the hottest, most arid 1 places on earth. 莫哈韦沙漠是世界上最热最贫瘠的地区之一
But we're gonna take it to another level 但这还不够
and make conditions as bad as they can get to show you how to survive when mother nature gets nasty. 我们还要让境况更糟一些 并以此来告诉你如何面对狂怒的大自然
When it gets rough out here,just keeping yourself alive will become your main goal. 当外界环境十分恶劣之时 生存才是第一要务
I'm gonna put myself in the direct path of one of the most fearsome features of the desert, 我将面对沙漠中最恐怖 最令人胆寒的
and one that all travelers dread 2 The sandstorm. 自然灾害 沙暴
Sandstorms are one of nature's most unpredictable and violent phenomena 3. 沙暴是自然界最难预测 最猛烈的灾害
You know, they can be miles wide and miles high,and they travel at 120 miles an hour. 沙暴可达几千米高 以193公里的时速 横扫两百公里的区域
The ground crew make their way to a vast, empty plain. 地面摄制组正前往一个广袤空旷的平原
Open expanses like this are ideal breeding grounds for sandstorms, 由于狂风能畅行无阻地 通过这片沙漠
as winds can whip up unobstructed across the desert floor. 因此 这里是形成沙暴的 绝佳温床
We're gonna use four massive wind machines to basically generate our own sandstorm 我们将通过四台大型风机 来生成模拟沙暴
and show what a terrifying place it can be to be trapped inside. 以此说明被困在沙暴中是多么恐怖
This is gonna be an adventure.2-0-2.Copy that.He's running fine and dandy. 这肯定非常刺激 位置2-0-2 收到 他已着陆 一切正常
I know how tough deserts can be to survive in at the best of times, 我知道即便在天气晴好时 在沙漠中也很难存活下来
and I've been caught on the edge of a sandstorm before,and they can be terrifying. 我以前也有被困沙暴边缘的时候 实在惊险至极
adj.干旱的;(土地)贫瘠的
- These trees will shield off arid winds and protect the fields.这些树能挡住旱风,保护农田。
- There are serious problems of land degradation in some arid zones.在一些干旱地带存在严重的土地退化问题。
vt.担忧,忧虑;惧怕,不敢;n.担忧,畏惧
- We all dread to think what will happen if the company closes.我们都不敢去想一旦公司关门我们该怎么办。
- Her heart was relieved of its blankest dread.她极度恐惧的心理消除了。
标签:
荒野求生