打工姐妹花第一季 第197期:哈钦森先生来访
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
Uh, hello, uh, maybe you can help me. I'm looking for Caroline Channing.
您好,我想跟您问个人。我要找卡洛琳·钱宁
I have a legal matter to discuss with her.
我有些法律问题要跟她谈谈
Never heard of her. Never seen her. Mr. Hutchinson? Never took an oath 1.
谁啊,没见过,没听过。哈钦森先生。我没宣誓过要说实话
Oh, my God, Mr. Hutchinson, hi.
天啊,哈钦森先生,好久不见
I haven't seen you since my father's scandal 2 broke and they were dragging you out of your law offices.
上次见你还是我爸的丑闻败露时你被人架出办公室那会儿呢
Can I hug you? I mean, it's been so long since I've seen anyone from my old life.
我能抱你一下吗?事发后,我好久没见到当年的亲朋好友了
But, uh, not too hard. Ever since the scandal, I've had acid 3 reflux.
行,不过别抱太紧。事发后,我得了胃酸倒流
打工姐妹花第一季
Didn't you used to be taller? No, uh, prouder.
你以前好像比较高啊?身高没变,志气全无罢了
Oh, uh, Mr. Hutchinson, this is my friend, Max.
哈钦森先生,她是我朋友,麦克斯
Max, this is Leo Hutchinson, one of my father's attorneys 4.
麦克斯,他是里欧·哈钦森,我父亲的代表律师之一
Oh, I've never known a lawyer who wasn't court-appointed for me.
我还没真正见过...非法院指派给我的律师呢
Well, except for the ones on Law And Order. Have you ever been on that show?
电视剧《法律与秩序》里的律师不算。你去演过那个剧吗
No, I'm a real lawyer.
没有,我是真正的律师
You look like someone who was on that show.
可是你看着挺像剧中的演员
Are you sure you didn't represent the woman who ate her child?
你真的没在食子母亲那集当辩护律师吗
I've never represented anyone who ate their child. On Law And Order.
我从没在剧里为吃小孩的人辩护过。不过现实生活就...
n.誓言,誓约,咒骂,诅咒语
- They swore an oath to carry out their duties faithfully.他们宣誓忠实履行自己的职责。
- They swore an oath of loyalty to the country.他们宣誓要报效祖国。
n.丑事,丑闻,流言蜚语,反感,愤慨
- Scandal and gossip are meat and drink to him.各种丑闻和流言蜚语是他最感兴趣的事。
- His theft from the shop caused scandal in the village.他因偷商店的东西引起全村的公愤。
n.酸;酸性物质;adj.酸的,酸性的
- Handle with care,or the acid may get out.小心轻放,否则酸会溢出来。
- The acid has been eating away the sides of the container.酸腐蚀着容器的四壁。