打工姐妹花第一季 第198期:哈钦森先生来访(2)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
Caroline, I'm sorry to drag you into this,
卡洛琳,抱歉把你牵扯进来
but the prosecutor 1 is asking for you to give a deposition 2 regarding your father's case.
但检察官要求你为你父亲的案子出席取证会
Anything I can do to help? I'm pretty courtroom savvy 3.
有什么能帮忙的吗?法庭的事,我还挺懂行的
I mean, I haven't seen every episode of Law And Order, just, like, 400 of them.
虽然我没看过每一集《法律与秩序》,不过也看了大概400多集啦
For instance, the, uh, judge's hammer? Not called a hammer.
比如,法官的锤子不能叫"锤子"。得叫惊堂木
Reflux! Oh! Sorry. I just... I need to take a Rylindia.
胃酸倒流,哎哟!抱歉。我吃片斯达舒就好了
Ah, Rylindia. Does that work? You're welcome.
"斯达舒"啊,有效吗?大恩不言谢
打工姐妹花第一季
Well, thank you for coming all the way out here.
感谢你不远千里来找我
I know I'm in good hands with you representing me.
有你为我辩护,我很放心
Uh, well, Caroline, as much as I would love to help you and your legal associate here,
卡洛琳,虽然我十分想帮你以及你的"律师"同伴
uh, the firm won't let me do it for free.
但事务所不会同意让我免费帮你的
I mean, your father's case bankrupted us practically, and my standard rate is $1,100 an hour.
你老爸的案子差点把我们公司弄垮,而我的标准收费是一小时1100块
You know I don't have that kind of money.
我真的付不起这个钱
Last week, I gave myself a bikini wax with duct tape I stole from the diner.
上周我给自己除毛还是用从餐厅偷的胶带呢
I'm gonna need another Rylindia.
我得再吃颗斯达舒了
Oh, don't take two of those in under an hour unless you want to have an orgasm every time you yawn.
注意,每小时只能服用一片,否则你就准备一打哈欠就高潮吧
You're welcome again.
大恩不言谢哟
Mr. Hutchinson, I need you to do this. You can make this go away as easily as possible.
哈钦森先生,我真的很需要你的帮忙。你能轻易搞定这件事情
Please don't make me beg. The floor's gross, and my skirt's too short.
别让我跪下求你了。这地板超脏,我裙子又太短
Counselor 4, at this juncture 5, I am going to need to take Miss Channing and have a sidebar over near the bar bar.
律师,在这个关键时刻,我需要请钱宁小姐到酒柜吧台处小议片刻
n.起诉人;检察官,公诉人
- The defender argued down the prosecutor at the court.辩护人在法庭上驳倒了起诉人。
- The prosecutor would tear your testimony to pieces.检查官会把你的证言驳得体无完肤。
n.免职,罢官;作证;沉淀;沉淀物
- It was this issue which led to the deposition of the king.正是这件事导致了国王被废黜。
- This leads to calcium deposition in the blood-vessels.这导致钙在血管中沉积。
v.知道,了解;n.理解能力,机智,悟性;adj.有见识的,懂实际知识的,通情达理的
- She was a pretty savvy woman.她是个见过世面的漂亮女人。
- Where's your savvy?你的常识到哪里去了?
n.顾问,法律顾问
- The counselor gave us some disinterested advice.顾问给了我们一些无私的忠告。
- Chinese commercial counselor's office in foreign countries.中国驻国外商务参赞处。
标签: