打工姐妹花第一季 第200期:挑选室友
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
I can't believe I'm doing a drug trial 1. I won't even use stevia.
真没想到我会来做试药小白鼠。我连甜菊代糖都不愿吃呢
It'll be fun! Just think of it as a middle-school sleepover.
这挺好玩的啦!就当是读书时期去朋友家过夜嘛
But with drugs. Yeah, a middle-school sleepover.
但这得吃药。读书时期不都是去嗑药过夜嘛
So when you did this before, you never got any side effects, right?
所以你以前做这个的时候,没出现过任何副作用对吧
Well, no negative ones. I used to be an "A" Cup.
没有坏的副作用。想当年姐还是A罩杯呢
Wow, everybody looks so normal. This is more like sorority row than skid 2 row.
大家看起来都好正常呢。和谐得像姐妹会而不是贫民窟
Hi! I'm Katie. Just found out there's three to a room,
你好,我叫凯蒂。我才刚知道得三个人住一间
and I was wondering if you guys have chosen a roomie yet.
就来问问你们找到室友没
Wait, there's three in a room?
什么,三个人住一间啊
打工姐妹花第一季
Yeah, I know. You want to be careful who you get.
是啊。所以选室友得慎重
Anyways, I'm a self-mutilator, and, um, I was wondering if you could keep an eye on me.
顺带一提,我有点自残倾向,到时候你们能不能多照看我一点
Just wrestle 3 anything out of my hands that's sharp.
我一拿尖锐物就赶紧抢走
Uh, you know what, Katie? We are self-mutilators too.
凯蒂,其实呢...我们也有自残倾向
So, uh, we kind of have our hands full.
到时也会满手尖锐物,无暇照看你
Yeah, we're gonna be super-busy self-mutilating ourselves. No worries.
对啊,我们到时候也会忙着拼命地自残。那就不打扰了
Max, you should have told me about the bed situation.
麦克斯,你怎么也不先告诉床位的事
Untested experimental 4 drugs is one thing, but three to a room? That's barbaric!
当新药的小白鼠就算了,可三人挤一间房,这还有人道吗
It'll be fine! We just have to pick the right girl. What about, uh, the one in the raincoat?
没事啦!选个好室友就行了。那个穿大衣的女孩如何
She looks stuck-up, like she'd talk about herself all night.
她看起来挺跩的,感觉会喋喋不休地谈论自己
Yeah, we already got one of those.
也对,我身旁就坐着一位这样的
What about, uh... What about Bob Marley shirt?
那...那个穿鲍勃·玛利衣服的妞如何
She looks like she smells. Confirmed 5.
感觉她会有体臭。确认无误
Right there. That's who we want. She looks smart and like she'd mind her own business.
那边,就她了。像个聪明人,又不会多管闲事
Hey! What are you up to?
你好啊,在干嘛呢
Nothing. Just minding my own business.
没干嘛,在做自己的事而已
Hey, want to be our roommate?
要跟我们一起住一间吗
Oh, I just said yes to a self-mutilator, but I can get out of it. She probably loves rejection 6.
我刚答应了一个自残妹,不过我也可以反悔啦。爱自残的都喜欢被拒绝吧
n.审判,试验,艰苦,麻烦事,考验;adj.尝试的,试验性的
- We shall put the machine to further trial.我们将进一步试验这部机器。
- He appeared as a witness in the trial.在审判中他出庭作证。
v.打滑 n.滑向一侧;滑道 ,滑轨
- He braked suddenly,causing the front wheels to skid.他突然剎车,使得前轮打了滑。
- The police examined the skid marks to see how fast the car had been travelling.警察检查了车轮滑行痕迹,以判断汽车当时开得有多快。
vi.摔跤,角力;搏斗;全力对付
- He taught his little brother how to wrestle.他教他小弟弟如何摔跤。
- We have to wrestle with difficulties.我们必须同困难作斗争。
adj.实验的,用作实验的,根据实验的
- This trip will be only experimental.这次旅行只是试验性的。
- The experimental farm is near the waterpower station.实验农场靠近水电站。
adj.确认的;坚定的;根深蒂固的v.批准(confirm的过去式和过去分词);证实
- Rumours of job losses were later confirmed. 裁员的传言后来得到了证实。
- The truth of his conjecture was confirmed by the newspaper report. 新闻报道证明了他的推测果然不假。