打工姐妹花第一季 第204期:吐露心扉
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
Max, are you awake? Max!
麦克斯,你睡着了吗?麦克斯
Quiet, you're gonna wake up Pissy Spacek.
安静,不然你要吵到嘘嘘·死被洗裤了
I can't sleep. My hearts keeps racing 1.
我睡不着,我的心砰砰跳个不停
You should tell Toby. It's probably a side effect. No, I'm nervous.
你得通知托比,应该是出现了副作用。不是,我是紧张
I can't stop thinking about the deposition 2 and about my father.
脑海中一直想着这场取证会和我老爸
Can I come down and talk?
我能下来跟你聊聊吗
Not a great time. I kind of have people over.
不太方便啊,我这儿有人呢
Get in here. What's wrong?
进来吧,怎么啦
I'm scared about tomorrow. I'm scared I'm gonna say the wrong thing and make things worse for my father.
我好担心明天的事。我好怕我说错话,害我老爸得多受牢狱之灾
Look, all you have to do is answer the questions as carefully as they suggested
人家问一句你答一句,别自由发挥就行了
and then throw in a wink 3, forget to wear panties. He'll be fine.
然后抛个媚眼,别穿内裤去。你爹就没事了
打工姐妹花第一季
But that's the thing. The questions don't say anything about my father.
重点就在这。这些问题根本问不出我父亲的为人
They're so cut and dry. They're only asking me details about things I know nothing about,
都是些公式化的问题。他们问的细枝末节,我一无所知
and they're not interested in the things I do know about him.
而我所知的一切,他们又一概不问
That he's warm, and funny, and generous 4, and loving.
无视他是一个温柔风趣,慷慨慈爱的父亲
Like when I was little, and he and I would take our plane to our chalet in Deer Valley.
还记得我小时候我们搭私人飞机,去我们的滑雪度假屋时...
Stop. You might as well rephrase that to "When he and I would take our guilty 5 to our guilty in guilty valley."
停,你这么说,就跟说"他跟我搭着罪孽来到罪孽的罪孽小屋"一样
Every morning, before we went skiing 6,
每天早晨,我们去滑雪前
he would get up really early and make me his snowflake cinnamon french toast. Sounds amazing.
他都会起个大早,给我做他招牌的雪花肉桂法式吐司,感觉挺棒的
And as he dusted the cinnamon and sugar on top,
他会把肉桂跟糖慢慢地撒在吐司上
he'd say, "look, sweetheart, it's snowing, snowing just for you."
然后说"小宝贝,快看,在下雪呢,只属于你的雪哦"
And then he'd cut it into these little pieces... See? I can't even get the words out.
然后他会把吐司切成小...你看,我都语塞说不出口了
No one will ever hear them. No one will know.
没人想听,也没人会知道他有多好
I'll know. I heard them. Another round?
我知道啊,我听了。又去吗?
Yeah, I'm just gonna bring my pillow 7 in there.
是啊,我直接带枕头进去吧
I don't think Gladiva's gonna make it to the market.
估计这"角斗女伶"是没希望推出市场了。
n.竞赛,赛马;adj.竞赛用的,赛马用的
- I was watching the racing on television last night.昨晚我在电视上看赛马。
- The two racing drivers fenced for a chance to gain the lead.两个赛车手伺机竞相领先。
n.免职,罢官;作证;沉淀;沉淀物
- It was this issue which led to the deposition of the king.正是这件事导致了国王被废黜。
- This leads to calcium deposition in the blood-vessels.这导致钙在血管中沉积。
n.眨眼,使眼色,瞬间;v.眨眼,使眼色,闪烁
- He tipped me the wink not to buy at that price.他眨眼暗示我按那个价格就不要买。
- The satellite disappeared in a wink.瞬息之间,那颗卫星就消失了。
adj.慷慨的,大方的,慷慨给予的
- She was kind and generous.她心地善良,宽容大量。
- She was generous with her money.她很乐于仗义疏财。
adj.犯罪的;有罪的;内疚的
- There wasn't enough evidence to prove him guilty.没有充分的证据证明他有罪。
- Really honest people are ofter made to feel guilty.真正老实的人常被弄得感到犯了罪似的。