打工姐妹花第一季 第211期:厄尔的报税日(2)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
I have a stamp right here, Earl. There, see? Order versus 1 chaos 2.
我马上就能拿出邮票,厄尔。看见没,秩序对比混乱
Also known as OCD versus "Oh, here's a CD I forgot I had."
也是OCD对比"噢,我都忘了我有这张CD"
Would you prefer a flower, flag, or a love stamp?
邮票要什么图案,花,旗帜或心形
Ladies, I don't care which, I just wanna get these taxes in the mail before the deadline.
姑娘们,哪个都行,我只想在截止日期前把报税单寄出去
Earl, you do your own taxes?
厄尔,你自己报税吗?
I surely do. Proud to say I haven't missed a year since 1950
当然。我可以很自豪地说,从1950年开始从不间断
when I had my first job as Frank 3 Sinatra's ball boy.
那时候我第一份工作是法兰克·辛纳屈的球童
打工姐妹花第一季
Ball boy? Was he a good tennis player?
球童,他还是个网球好手吗
No, darling, he didn't play tennis. The job was washing his balls.
不,亲爱的,他不玩网球。那工作就是给他清洗蛋蛋
And that was good work for those times.
在那个年代,这可是一份好工作啊
Do you mind if I look over your 1040 to see if I can increase your return?
我可以看一下你的1040表吗,看看能不能多帮你报点退税
Do you, Wharton, do you.
请便,沃顿高材生,请便
Well, at first glance, I see you short-changed yourself on some deductions 4. There's 500 right there.
一眼看过去,我发现你忽略了几个税额扣除项目。这里就有500块
Why don't you sign this now, and I'll save you what I can and then drop it in the mail tomorrow?
你何不直接签个名字,我回去看看怎么弄,然后明天再帮你寄出去
Max, look at this. Blonde ambition here just saved me $500.
麦克斯,瞧瞧。野心金发妹刚帮我省500块呢
Really? That's pretty cool. Oh! There's another 100. No way, that's awesome 5.
真的吗,挺不错啊。这里还有100块。靠,厉害死了
Ding, ding, ding. It's like I won the slots without being surrounded by those pissed off ladies with emphysema.
叮,叮,叮。就像我玩老虎机赢钱,身边却没有围满嫉妒到气得肺气肿的女人
prep.以…为对手,对;与…相比之下
- The big match tonight is England versus Spain.今晚的大赛是英格兰对西班牙。
- The most exciting game was Harvard versus Yale.最富紧张刺激的球赛是哈佛队对耶鲁队。
n.混乱,无秩序
- After the failure of electricity supply the city was in chaos.停电后,城市一片混乱。
- The typhoon left chaos behind it.台风后一片混乱。
adj.坦白的,直率的,真诚的
- A frank discussion can help to clear the air.坦率的谈论有助于消除隔阂。
- She is frank and outgoing.她很爽朗。
扣除( deduction的名词复数 ); 结论; 扣除的量; 推演
- Many of the older officers trusted agents sightings more than cryptanalysts'deductions. 许多年纪比较大的军官往往相信特务的发现,而不怎么相信密码分析员的推断。
- You know how you rush at things,jump to conclusions without proper deductions. 你知道你处理问题是多么仓促,毫无合适的演绎就仓促下结论。