打工姐妹花第一季 第249期:道别
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
Well, I was 1 gonna ask what the specials were, but you know what?
本来想问你今天有什么特餐,不过还是算了。
Can I actually 3 just get one of Max's homemade cupcakes?
我能就点一个麦克斯自制小蛋糕吗
Okay 4, which flavor 5? Surprise me.
行啊,什么口味?给我个惊喜
Kind of like how you surprised 6 her with your girlfriend 7?
跟你有女朋友一样让麦克斯"惊喜"吗
Okay, I'm starting to get a vibe here, and that's why I came 8 in,
好吧,我知道你们的意思了,我也是为了这事而来,
because I feel bad, the way things went down between us,
我心有愧疚,来为我们的不欢而散
and I came to say good-bye because I'm moving.
画下句点,和你道别,我很快就要搬走了
Oh, moving. To where? Manhattan.
搬走,搬去哪里啊?曼哈顿。
Manhattan? That hardly 10 calls for a good-bye speech 11. It's over there.
曼哈顿啊?搬去那里还道个屁别啊。离得很近好吗
Yeah, I know, but it's a big change for me,
但搬过去就是两个世界了
and we're not going 12 to be rolling 13 in the same circles anymore 14, and I'm getting married 15... over there.
我们将不再是一个圈子的人,我也要去那边结婚了。
Well, at least 16 you and your girlfriend worked it out.
起码你跟你那女朋友修成正果了
Actually, we broke 17 up. This is someone 18 I met a couple 19 months ago.
其实我们分手了。我是要跟几个月前认识的另一个女人结婚
打工姐妹花第一季
I was only watching his lips 20, but did 21 they just say what I think they said 22?
我刚只读他的唇了,但他刚才说的话我没看错吧?
Well, there's your cupcake. That'll be $5. The price 23 has gone up. Yeah, we're successful 24 now.
给,你要的小蛋糕,5块钱。没错,涨价了,我们现在也是成功人士了
In fact 25, we may be working with Martha Stewart. Caroline knows her from, you know, before.
我们可能要跟家政女皇合作了呢。卡洛琳以前跟她有些关系
We're gonna talk it over with her the met gala ball at that Caroline got 26 invited 27 to.
卡洛琳获邀去博物馆的年度晚会,我们会在那里跟她详谈
Martha's on the committee 28. Caroline goes every year. Not a big deal 29.
玛莎是委员会的人,而卡洛琳也年年出席。小事一桩啦
My first time. Not a big deal either 30.
虽然我是第一次,不过也没啥啦
In fact, none 31 of it's a big deal,
说实在的,全都没什么嘛
just two girls who are making it but who choose to stay in Brooklyn 'cause 9 we're cool.
不过就是两个成功在望的姑娘,因为个性帅气,所以留在布鲁克林奋斗嘛。
That's awesome 32, Max. That's awesome.
恭喜你啊,麦克斯,真心恭喜。
It's just funny, because whenever 33 I think of you, I think of you in this diner 34 in that uniform.
你知道吗,每当我想起你时,总是浮现你在这餐厅穿着制服的画面
In a good way. You want money now?
不是贬低你哦。你要收钱吗
Yeah. It's business 35. It's not like we had 36 a relationship 37 or anything.
是啊,在商言商嘛。我们又不是在一起或什么的
In fact, you can pay 38 Caroline. She's the money. I'm the artist 39.
其实你还是付给卡洛琳吧。她管账,我管创作
You know, I'm doing pretty well as 2 an artist myself 40. I've been selling a lot of my stuff 41.
我的创作生涯最近也挺一帆风顺呢。卖了不少我的作品。
Really? We hadn't heard. And there's your cupcake.
是吗,没听说过。你要的小蛋糕
In case you didn't notice 42, that container's to go. Got it.
放在"外带"盒子里了,懂意思吧。懂了。
conj.按照;如同
- He got work in a hotel as a waiter.他在一家旅馆找到了当服务生的工作。
- In the hotel,the old men were drinking away as usual.在旅馆里,这些老人和往常一样喝个不停。
adv.实际上,事实上,竟然,居然,如今
- he looks young, but she's actually 50.她看上去年轻,可是实际上已五十岁了。
- Actually,that's not quite right.实际上,那不完全对。
(=okey,O.K.)adj./adv.好,行,不错;n.同意
- The play is okay,but I still prefer the book.戏还可以,可我仍愿读原著。
- Is it okay with you if I borrow this book?我借这本书你不在意吧?
n.味,滋味,味道;风味;vt.调味,加味于
- I like the flavor of chocolate.我喜欢巧克力的味道。
- Each flavor was totally unique.每一种味道都是独一无二的。
adj.感到惊讶的,感到惊奇的
- Is that anything to be surprised at?那有什么可怪的?
- The news greatly surprised us.这消息使我们非常惊异。
n.女朋友;女伴侣
- My girlfriend is a teacher.我女朋友是个老师。
- I just broke up with my girlfriend.我刚和我的女朋友分手了。
v.动词come的过去式
- I was surprised why he came here so early.他为什么那么早到这里,我很惊奇。
- The doctor came in time to save his life.医生及时来抢救他的生命。
pron.造成,使发生
- Bad teeth often cause pain.坏牙常引起疼痛。
- Unhappiness is the root cause of his illness.不开心是他生病的根源。
adv.几乎没有,刚刚,几乎不,勉强是
- I could hardly believe my eyes.我简直不相信自己的眼睛。
- The hens hardly laid any eggs in summer.母鸡夏天几乎不下蛋。
n.讲话,演说
- I did not lose a word of his speech.他的演说我没有听漏一个字。
- We were listening in to the Prime Minister's speech.我们正在收音机旁听首相的广播演说。
n.去,离去,地面(或道路)的状况,工作情况;(复数形式)goings: 行为;adj.进行中的,流行的,现存的
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
adj.旋转的;波动的;起伏的n.旋转;动摇;轰鸣
- the rolling hills that characterize this part of England 成为英格兰这一地区特征的绵延起伏的丘陵地
- He walked with a rolling gait. 他走起路来摇摇摆摆。
adv.不再, 再也不
- She doesn't live here anymore.她已不在这里住了。
- He doesn't come here anymore.他再也不到这儿来。
adj.最小(少)的;adv.最少(小;不);n.最小(少)
- He spends at least a part of his time in reading. 他至少有一部分空闲时间看书。
- The trip will take ten days,at least.这趟旅行顶少得10天时间。
v.(动词break的过去式)折断;打破
- He dropped his glass on the floor and broke it.他把玻璃杯掉到地板上打碎了。
- After a long silence, she broke into a laugh.她沉默了很久之后,忽然笑了起来。
n.对,夫妇,数个;v.加倍,成双,连结
- I have a couple of things to do.我有几件事要做。
- I'll come again in a couple of days.我过两天再来。
abbr.logical inferences per second 每秒的逻辑推论n.嘴唇( lip的名词复数 );(容器或凹陷地方的)边缘;粗鲁无礼的话
- Her lips compressed into a thin line. 她的双唇抿成了一道缝。
- the fullness of her lips 她丰满的双唇
v.动词do的过去式
- How many goals did you score in the last game?上一场比赛你们进了几个球?
- Why did you choose basketball in the first place?你为何首先选择篮球呢?
v.动词say的过去式、过去分词
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
n.价格,代价,价值;vt.定格,标价,比较价格
- The goods have gone up in price.这些商品的价格已经上涨。
- They are selling the bikes off the market price.他们按低于市价卖出自行车。
adj.成功的,一帆风顺的,飞黄腾达的
- He was successful in his studies.他在学业上很成功。
- Thanks to your help,we were successful.由于你的帮助,我们得以成功。
n.事实,实情,论据
- It is close to fact.这更接近于事实。
- I'm going there tomorrow,as a matter of fact.其实,我明天是准备去那里。
v.(get的过去式)得到,猜到,明白
- I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
- I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
v.邀请( invite的过去式和过去分词 );请求;引诱;招致
- He hoped they would not feel affronted if they were not invited . 他希望如果他们没有获得邀请也不要感到受辱。
- They only invited Jack and Sarah as an afterthought . 他们邀请杰克和萨拉不过是事后想起的补救办法。
n.委员会,全体委员
- We referred the matter back to the Finance Committee.我们把这事转回给财政委员会处理。
- I am going to speak out against the committee's decision.我打算直言反对委员会的决定。
n.交易,协定,份量;v.(dealt,dealt[delt])处理,应付,分配
- Be careful. She is very difficult to deal with.可得当心,她很难对付。
- Deal with a man as he deals with you.以其人之道,还治其人之身。
adj.任一,两方的;prep.任一,随便任一个;conj.或,也
- I have bought two books,you can have either.我买了两本书,你要哪一本都可以。
- I don't think either of them are at home.我想他们中任何一个都不在家。
adv.一点也不;prep.没人,毫无;pron.没有人,没有任何东西
- Remember that none is perfect.记住没有任何人是完美的。
- There's almost none left.几乎一个没剩。
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
- The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
adv.无论何时;conj.每当,无论何时,随时
- I'll go there whenever I have time.我多会儿有空就去。
- Whenever we meet him we speak to him.每次我们见到他,我们都和他讲话。
n.用餐者,路边小饭馆,(餐车式)小饭店
- The diner is very small.这家餐馆很小。
- Asking if the diner is ready to order.询问用餐者是否准备点菜了。
n.商业, 买卖, 交易, 生意, 事情, 事物, 营业, 商行
- My father built his business on years of hard work. 我父亲多年奋斗创立了自己的事业。
- We must finish up this business in a day or two. 我们必须在一两天内把这事结束。
vbl.have的过去式和过去分词;conj.有
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
n.关系,联系;家属关系,亲属关系
- Is there any relationship between them?它们之间有联系吗?
- Robert has a friendly relationship with his customers.罗伯特和他的客户之间关系处得很好。
n.画家;艺术家
- He is a known artist.他是一个知名的艺术家。
- Afterward,the boy became a very famous artist.后来,这男孩成为一个很有名的艺术家。
pron.我自己
- Should I do it myself?我应该自己做吗?
- I woke up to find myself in the hospital.我醒来发现自己在医院里。
n.原料,材料,东西;vt.填满;吃饱
- We could supply you with the stuff in the raw tomorrow.明天我们可以供应你原材料。
- He is not the stuff.他不是这个材料。
标签:
打工姐妹花