打工姐妹花第一季 第102期:谈判告吹
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
The man's not here yet.
那人还没来呢
Damn it, turn us around Max, we have to enter again.
靠,转回去,我们得重新进场
This is the third time.
这都是第三遍了
Max, come on, we borrowed these coats from Oleg to make a dramatic star entrance.
拜托嘛,麦克斯,跟奥列格借大衣不就是为了巨星般的入场吗
If you want me to fake it again, you have to buy me dinner and call me pretty.
如果你想让我再假一次,你得请我吃饭,叫我美人儿
Fine, then help me down quickly.
好吧,那快帮忙放我下来
I don't wanna be mid-dismount when the stable guy walks in.
我不想下马的丑样被马房的人撞见
God, ugh. You just sat on my face.
天啊,你刚坐到我脸上了
Like I haven't done enough for you.
好像我还没有"受"够一样
Oh, hello, are you Tony?
你好,请问你是汤尼吗
Last time I checked.
没记错的话,我是
Oh, jeez.
天啊
I'm Caroline Channing. We spoke 1 on the phone.
我是卡洛琳·钱宁,我们通过电话
And this is Chestnut 2.
他是栗宝
Max, step back.
麦克斯,往后退
Oh, great. I'll just be over here
很好,我就去那边
like the awkward father in the background on Toddlers and Tiaras.
跟《桂冠幼童》节目背景里尴尬的父亲一样站着
Well, here he is.
主角在这儿
And as we discussed, Chestnut is a champion jumper
我们谈过的,栗宝是只冠军跳栏马
his dressage is impeccable, he's ribboned three times at the Hampton Classic,
他的马术表演无懈可击,他在马术表演赛上得过三次奖
and he comes from a historically elite 3 line of distinguished 4 show horses.
血统来自十分精英荟萃的表演马家族
And he pees like a civil rights fire hose.
他尿起尿来跟镇暴水柱一样威猛
Max, step further back.
麦克斯,再往后退退
Come on, let's cut to the chase.
得了,咱们就打开天窗说亮话吧
He's nice, brown, he looks sick in leggings, and he's free, so take him or leave him.
他是匹好马,棕色,穿袜裤的样子超恶心,他还不要钱,要不要随便你
When'd you say he was a jumper?
你说他是什么时候的跳栏马
From 2005 to 2010.
2005至2010年
He was in a class by himself.
他以前可是有专人指导的呢
Well, maybe he was a jumper, but he isn't anymore.
或许他过去是个跳栏马,但他已经廉颇老矣了
What?
什么
Well, he's a little out of shape.
他身材有点走样了
Well, you have a gut 5.
你丫的有种啊
Whoa! I'm just saying he's seen better days.
别激动,我只是说他曾勇猛过
I'm just saying your hair is falling out in fistfuls.
我也只是说你曾不秃过
Okay, okay.
好了,好了
Let's not get personal, we all want this to work.
别搞人身攻击,这生意还得谈呢
He's the one who's getting personal going after Chestnut like that.
他这么说栗宝才是人身攻击吧
Okay, you tell me, when's the last time he's exercised?
好吧,那你告诉我他上一次运动是什么时候
When's the last time you exercised?
你上一次运动又是什么时候
Wow, show business is rough.
看来娱乐界不好混呀
All right, it's Tony, right?
好了,你是汤尼,对吧
Last time I checked.
没记错的话,是的
All right, Tony, you'll have to forgive her.
汤尼,你必须得原谅她
She really loves him and wants this to work out.
她真的很爱这匹马,并希望这能谈成
Bottom line is, even a free horse isn't free.
重点是,天下没有免费的马
I still have to feed him and take care of him and truth be told, this horse isn't gonna make me a penny.
养他要钱,照顾费神。而老实说,这匹马给我赚不来一个子儿
If my film guy comes in here, he's gonna pick that beauty over this one.
电影合作商过来,肯定也是选那匹靓马而不是这匹
So it's not gonna work out, girls.
所以这事谈不成,姑娘们
All right, well, we got other offers, fatty.
好吧,你不要还有别人要呢,死胖子
Come on, let's go.
来,咱们走
You know, maybe next time before you let someone ride five Miles across Brooklyn in a toxic 6, Russian,
下次你害人穿着借来的有毒又带廉价古龙水味的皮毛大衣
cologne-soaked rent-a-fur,
骑了五英里穿过布鲁克林时
you should be clear that the film business, even for horses, is ageist and elitist.
你应该搞搞清楚,电影业,即使选马,也偏爱有年纪跟精英血统的
And, yes, we may have seen better days,
没错,我们的确是走下坡的老将
but with hard work, determination and a little luck, one day we'll be back on top.
但只要努力与决心和一点点运气,谁说老将就不能再上巅峰
Yeah, and I'm not impressed by your big star pony 7 overthere.
对了,你的大明星马根本就无聊到爆
He's just standing 8 still.
只会傻站着一动不动
You wanna impress me?
要想打动我的心
Have him meow and ring the doorbell.
让他学猫叫,然后去按门铃吧
Don't take it personally, Chestnut.
别放在心上,栗宝
Those horses have had work done.
那些马都是整形的
n.(车轮的)辐条;轮辐;破坏某人的计划;阻挠某人的行动 v.讲,谈(speak的过去式);说;演说;从某种观点来说
- They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.他们的轮辐螺帽是从我们公司获得的。
- The spokes of a wheel are the bars that connect the outer ring to the centre.辐条是轮子上连接外圈与中心的条棒。
n.栗树,栗子
- We have a chestnut tree in the bottom of our garden.我们的花园尽头有一棵栗树。
- In summer we had tea outdoors,under the chestnut tree.夏天我们在室外栗树下喝茶。
n.精英阶层;实力集团;adj.杰出的,卓越的
- The power elite inside the government is controlling foreign policy.政府内部的一群握有实权的精英控制着对外政策。
- We have a political elite in this country.我们国家有一群政治精英。
adj.卓越的,杰出的,著名的
- Elephants are distinguished from other animals by their long noses.大象以其长长的鼻子显示出与其他动物的不同。
- A banquet was given in honor of the distinguished guests.宴会是为了向贵宾们致敬而举行的。
n.[pl.]胆量;内脏;adj.本能的;vt.取出内脏
- It is not always necessary to gut the fish prior to freezing.冷冻鱼之前并不总是需要先把内脏掏空。
- My immediate gut feeling was to refuse.我本能的直接反应是拒绝。
adj.有毒的,因中毒引起的
- The factory had accidentally released a quantity of toxic waste into the sea.这家工厂意外泄漏大量有毒废物到海中。
- There is a risk that toxic chemicals might be blasted into the atmosphere.爆炸后有毒化学物质可能会进入大气层。
adj.小型的;n.小马
- His father gave him a pony as a Christmas present.他父亲给了他一匹小马驹作为圣诞礼物。
- They made him pony up the money he owed.他们逼他还债。
标签:
打工姐妹花