打工姐妹花第一季 第54期:装好折叠床
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:打工姐妹花第一季
英语课
What is happening out here?
你在外面搞什么啊
That's the kind of pounding that's supposed to happen
这撞击声应该是等你到了床上
after you're in the bed.
"活动"时才发出来的
I can't do it.
我做不到
I tried. I really did but I can't.
我努力过 尽全力了 还是做不到
I guess I can't do anything without my father's money.
果然没了我爸的钱 我只是个废物
You were right.
你说得对
Trying is embarrassing.
尝试只会自讨没趣
So I'm not going to try anymore.
所以我还是死了这条心算了
I'm sick of it.
我受够了
打工姐妹花第一季
I'm going to sleep on that horrible couch
我的余生就睡在这张可怕的沙发上
and get bad tips and cry
就拿着卑微的小费 含着泪
every waitress day for the rest of my life.
度过我当服务员的每一天
Daddy please.
老爸 求你了
God you're a baby.
天啊 你真是个死小孩
Okay I'll help you... this one time only.
好吧 我来帮你 但是下不为例
And we're not going to bond when we do it.
干活时别妄想能成为生死之交
We're not going to high five when we finish.
完工后也别想跟我击掌欢呼
And I don't want to hear two months from now
也不想以后还得听到你说
"hey remember that night we built the Murphy bed?
"还记得我们装折叠床的那晚吗
That was awesome 1." None of that. Got it?
真是美妙的一夜" 通通不行 知道吗
We need the power drill
我们得用到电钻
1/4 inch bit some masonry 2 screws
四分之一英寸钻头 带槽螺钉
and a bear claw.
还有熊爪面包
Now delete "eyebrows 3"
删掉关键词"眉毛"
type in "Murphy bed" and let's build this mother.
输入"折叠床" 然后开工解决这小混蛋
I can't believe we did it.
真不敢相信终于完工了
Yeah it looks pretty good.
是啊 看起来挺好
Oh Max.
麦克斯
You put the bakery up on your vision
你把蛋糕店放在你的梦想拼图...
beam.
柱上了
Say anything more and I'll take it down.
再多说一句 我就拿下来
Do you know this number? That's Peach.
你认识这号码吗 是琵琪
Why would she call you? It's about the cupcake business...
她为什么会打给你 肯定是蛋糕店的事
my number's on the card.
那名片上留了我电话
Put it on speaker.
开免提
Hello?
你好
I found your card in my baby's room.
我在婴儿房发现了你的名片
I have no idea who you are or how it got there
我不知道你是谁 也不知道卡哪来的
but I'm throwing a birthday party in a week
但我下周准备开一个生日会
and I thought cupcakes might be fun.
我觉得小蛋糕应该挺有意思
Oh they are.
是啊
People love cupcakes.
大家都爱小蛋糕
They bring a sense of whimsy 4 and nostalgia 5.
它们能勾起大家的各种情怀
That's enough.
够了
Why don't you tell me
你不如直接告诉我
some of the other events you've done?
你们承办过什么活动
Oh well we're a start up company.
我们的店才刚起步
Oh no I need a real business.
不行 我要的是真正的店
Bye bye.
再见
Well there you go...
这下你满意了吧
complete waste of our time.
完全是浪费时间
See? Trying is embarrassing.
瞧 尝试的后果就是自讨没趣
No. That was great incredible.
不 这很好啊 简直太棒了
What? She hung up on you.
什么 她都挂你电话了
Yes. But it proves one thing.
是 但这也证明了一件事
The cards... they worked!
这些名片 果然有用
This is so inspiring.
这太激动人心了
First we build a Murphy bed next a cupcake business
我们成功装上折叠床 接着还有生意上门
then Max...
麦克斯
Who knows what else?
谁知道接下来会有什么好事呢
Uh adjust the springs?
帮我调一下弹簧嘛
No, that's perfect
不要,这样挺好
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
- The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
n.砖土建筑;砖石
- Masonry is a careful skill.砖石工艺是一种精心的技艺。
- The masonry of the old building began to crumble.旧楼房的砖石结构开始崩落。
眉毛( eyebrow的名词复数 )
- Eyebrows stop sweat from coming down into the eyes. 眉毛挡住汗水使其不能流进眼睛。
- His eyebrows project noticeably. 他的眉毛特别突出。
n.古怪,异想天开
- They are like oracular messages,but witty-jaunty at times-and sometimes trembling on the edge of whimsy.它们都像神谕,但很机智,有时极其轻快,有时又濒于怪诞。
- He had a whimsy about flying to the moon.他有个想飞上月球的怪念头。