陨落星辰第一季 第85期:越发懂事的长子
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:陨落星辰第一季
英语课
Hi, Dad.
老爸
Hey. Thought 1 you weren't on sentry 2 duty 3 until 4 tonight.
你不是要晚上才放哨吗
Actually 5, I, um, got 6 Ryerson to take my watch.
实际上,我让瑞尔森替我了
What's going 7 on?
怎么回事
I've been thinking 8, you know, maybe I should go with Matt and Ben.
我一直在想,也许我该跟马特和本一块走
I'm worried 9 about them, too.
我也很担心他们
But I think between Mike and the escort 10, they'll be well-protected.
但我觉得,在迈克他们的护送下,会很安全的
Oh, it's no big secret 11 that
我和本从没好好相处过
Ben and I never really got along 12.
这也不是什么秘密了
Fought 13 like cats and dogs is more like it.
更确切地说,就像猫狗大战
But brothers are like that.
但是兄弟就是那样
陨落星辰第一季
That morning, um, you were, you know, still asleep 14,
那天早上,你还在睡觉
But-but Ben and I got into it.
那时,我和本又打起来了
You know, the morning mom went out to get food with Dr 15. Harris.
就是那天早上,妈妈和哈里斯医生出去找食物
I didn't know that.
我一直不知道
No big deal 17.
也不是什么大事
You know, she just, uh, she broke 18 us up like she always did 16.
你也知道,妈妈就像往常一样,把我们拉开了
But she told me something that she knew we were different,
但是她之后跟说我,她知道我们俩不一样
and that'd probably 19 never change,
而且估计永远也不会改变
but, you know, we had 20 to put that behind us.
但是,我们必须把这些都抛诸脑后
We had to start looking out for each other.
学着照顾彼此
That sounds like her.
确实像她说的
When we got Ben back, I... I felt like I, uh, kept this promise 21 to her.
当我们救回本之后,我...我觉得应该对她信守承诺
I think if she was 22 here right now, you know, she'd-she'd want me to go with them.
如果她现在还活着话,一定也希望我跟他们一起走
You sure about this?
你下定决心了
I am.
对
Your mom was very proud 23 of you.
你妈妈非常为你骄傲
She told me to keep an eye on you, too.
她要我也照看你呢
How's that going?
这事怎么样了
It's a work in progress 24.
尚未成功,仍须努力
n.想法,思想,思维,思潮,关心,挂念;v.vbl.think的过去式和过去分词
- It was just a thought.这仅仅是一个想法。
- She thought he had a cold.她认为他感冒了。
n.哨兵,警卫
- They often stood sentry on snowy nights.他们常常在雪夜放哨。
- The sentry challenged anyone approaching the tent.哨兵查问任一接近帐篷的人。
prep.直到...为止;conj.直到...时才...
- He arrived home until midnight.他直到半夜才到家。
- She didn't sleep until midnight.她直到半夜才睡。
adv.实际上,事实上,竟然,居然,如今
- he looks young, but she's actually 50.她看上去年轻,可是实际上已五十岁了。
- Actually,that's not quite right.实际上,那不完全对。
v.(get的过去式)得到,猜到,明白
- I just got some bad news.我刚得到一些坏消息。
- I have got far too much work to do.我要做的事太多了。
n.去,离去,地面(或道路)的状况,工作情况;(复数形式)goings: 行为;adj.进行中的,流行的,现存的
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
n.思考,思想;adj.思考的,有理性的;vbl.想,思考
- All thinking men will protest against it.凡是有思想的人都会抗议这件事。
- Thinking is mainly performed with words and other symbols.思想主要是用言语和其他符号来表达的。
adj.烦恼的,为难的,焦虑的
- He was worried about the safety of me.他为我的安全担心。
- He worried his father to buy a new car.他苦苦缠着父亲要买一辆新车。
n.护卫者,护送者;vt.护送,护卫
- The prisoner was taken under escort to the jail.罪犯被押送到监狱。
- Her escort to the party was a tall young man.陪同她参加晚会的是一位高个子男青年。
n.秘密;adj.秘密的
- Their secret is out.他们的秘密泄露了。
- Last night,we held a meeting in secret.昨晚,我们秘密地举行了一次会议。
adv.一道,一起;prep.沿着,顺着
- Would you like to come along?你想一起去吗?
- They walked slowly along the road.他们沿着公路慢慢走。
v.战斗( fight的过去式和过去分词 );斗争;打架;吵架
- the courage and self-sacrifice of those who fought in the war 投身战争的人的勇气和自我牺牲精神
- She fought like a tiger to be able to keep her children. 她勇猛搏斗,以便能保住她的孩子。
adj.睡熟了的,麻木的;adv.熟睡地
- The baby seems to be asleep.那婴孩好像是睡着了。
- My right foot is asleep.我的右脚麻木了。
n.医生,大夫;博士(缩)(= Doctor)
- Dr.Williams instructs us in botany.威廉博士教我们植物学。
- The ward of the hospital is in the charge of Dr.Green.医院的这间病房由格林医生负责。
v.动词do的过去式
- How many goals did you score in the last game?上一场比赛你们进了几个球?
- Why did you choose basketball in the first place?你为何首先选择篮球呢?
n.交易,协定,份量;v.(dealt,dealt[delt])处理,应付,分配
- Be careful. She is very difficult to deal with.可得当心,她很难对付。
- Deal with a man as he deals with you.以其人之道,还治其人之身。
v.(动词break的过去式)折断;打破
- He dropped his glass on the floor and broke it.他把玻璃杯掉到地板上打碎了。
- After a long silence, she broke into a laugh.她沉默了很久之后,忽然笑了起来。
adv.大概,或许,很可能
- Next year I shall probably be looking for a job. 明年我很可能找份工作。
- We're going on holiday soon,probably next month.我们很快要去度假了,可能是下个月。
vbl.have的过去式和过去分词;conj.有
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
n.诺言,约定,希望;v.允诺,约定,预示
- I didn't make any promise.我没有作出任何承诺。
- His promise is a big lie.他的许诺是大谎言。
adj.感到自豪的;得意的
- He was proud of having such a good friend.他为有这样的好朋友而自豪。
- We are proud of our great motherland.我们为伟大的祖国而自豪。