精灵鼠小弟 第64期:小香袋的由来
英语课
"Oh, no," replied Katharine.
“哦,不卖,”凯瑟琳回答。
It was a present to me.
它是别人送我的礼物。
"I suppose it was given you by a boy you met at Lake Hopatcong last summer, and itreminds you of him," murmured Stuart, dreamily.
“我猜那是你去年春天在Hopatcong湖遇到的一个男孩给你买的,看到它你就会想起他的,”斯图亚特胡猜着。
"Yes, it was," said Katharine, blushing.
“是的,就是他买的,”凯瑟琳说着,脸红了。
"Ah," said Stuart, "summers are wonderful, aren't they, Katharine?"
“啊哈,”斯图亚特说,“夏天多美妙,是不是呀,凯瑟琳?”
Yes, and last summer was the most wonderful summer I have ever had in all my life.
是的,去年夏天是我生命里有过的最美好的夏天。
"I can imagine," replied Stuart.
“我能想象,”斯图亚特回答。
You're sure you wouldn't want to sell that little pillow?
你真的不想卖这个小香袋?
Katharine shook her head.
凯瑟琳摇了摇头。
"Don't know as I blame you," replied Stuart, quietly.
“我并没有怪你,”斯图亚特很快地回答。
Summertime is important. It's like a shaft 1 of sunlight.
夏天是很重要,就象黄昏结束前的最后一束阳光一样。
"Or a note in music," said Elizabeth Acheson.
“或者一首乐曲的旋律。”伊丽莎白.加德纳说。
"Or the way the back of a baby's neck smells if its mother keeps it tidy," said Marilyn Roberts.
“或者一个孩子脖子后面的汗味儿,如果他妈妈想让他干净的话。”玛里琳.罗伯特说。
Stuart sighed.
斯图亚特叹息了一声。
"Never forget your summertimes, my dears," he said.
“永远也不要忘记你的夏天,我亲爱的,”他说。
"Well, I've got to begetting 2 along.
好了,到我该走的时候了。
It's been a pleasure to know you all. Class is dismissed!
很高兴认识你们大家。下课!
Stuart strode rapidly to the door, climbed into the car, and with a final wave of the hand drove off in a northerly direction,
斯图亚特大步走向门口,爬进车里。斯图亚特对他们摆了摆手,道了再见,然后就驾驶着车一直朝北开去。
while the children raced alongside and screamed "Good-by, good-by, good-by!"
孩子们都跑出来对他高喊着:“再—见,再—见,再—见!”
They all wished they could have a substitute every day, instead of Miss Gunderson.
孩子们全都希望以后每天都能来一个代替冈德森小姐的老师。
n.(工具的)柄,杆状物
- He was wounded by a shaft.他被箭击中受伤。
- This is the shaft of a steam engine.这是一个蒸汽机主轴。
标签:
精灵鼠小弟