夏洛的网 第113期:奇迹(4)
英语课
"Well, I don't really know yet," said Mr. Zuckerman.
“这个嘛,我还没真正弄明白,”朱克曼先生说,
"But we have received a sign, Edith - a mysterious sign. A miracle has happened on this farm.
“不过我们已经得到一个信号,伊迪丝——一个神秘的信号。这农场已经出现了一个奇迹。
There is a large spider's web in the doorway 1 of the barn cellar, right over the pigpen,
谷仓底的门口有个大蜘蛛网,就在猪圈上面,
and when Lurvy went to feed the pig this morning, he noticed the web because it was foggy,
今天早晨勒维去喂小猪,他注意到了这个网,因为有雾,
and you know how a spider's web looks very distinct in a fog.
你也知道,在雾里蜘蛛网是很醒目的。
And right spang in the middle of the web there were the words 'Some Pig."
就在网的正当中有这样三个大字:‘王牌猪’。
The words were woven right into the web. They were actual part of the web, Edith.
这几个字是织在网上的。它们真真切切是网的一部分,伊迪丝。
I know because I have been down there and seen them.
我知道这件事,因为我亲自到那里去看了。
It says, 'Some Pig,' just as clear as clear can be. There can be no mistake about it.
这几个字是‘王牌猪’,再清楚不过。一点也错不了。
A miracle has happened and a sign has occurred here on earth, right on our farm, and we have no ordinary pig."
一个奇迹已经出现,一个信号已经降落人间,就降落在这里,就降落在我们的农场,我们有一只非比寻常的猪。”
"Well," said Mrs. Zuckerman, "it seems to me you're a little off.
“得了,”朱克曼太太说,“看来你有点不正常。
It seems to me we have no ordinary spider.""Oh, no," said Zuckerman. "It's the pig that's unusual.
我觉得我们有一只非比寻常的蜘蛛。”“噢,不对,”朱克曼先生说,“非比寻常的是小猪。
It says so, right there in the middle of the web." "Maybe so," said Mrs. Zuckerman.
网当中的大字是这么说的。”“也许是这样,”朱克曼太太说,
"Just the same, I intend to have a look at that spider."
“反正我一定得去看看那只蜘蛛。”
"It's just a common grey spider," said Zuckerman
“它只是一只普普通通的灰色蜘蛛。”
标签:
夏洛的网