夏洛的网 第141期:进展顺利(14)
英语课
"Jump into the air!" cried Charlotte. “跳高!”夏洛大叫。
Wilbur jumped as high as he could. 威尔伯能跳多高跳多高。
"Keep your knees straight and touch the ground with your ears!" called Charlotte. “膝盖挺直,把你的耳朵碰到地面!”夏洛叫道。
Wilbur obeyed. 威尔伯乖乖地照办。
"Do a back flip 1 with a half twist in it!" cried Charlotte. “半转身后空翻!”夏洛又叫。
Wilbur went over backwards 2, writhing 3 and twisting as he went. 威尔伯一个后空翻,空翻时转动它的身体。
"O.K., Wilbur," said Charlotte. "You can go back to sleep. “好了,威尔伯,”夏洛说,“你可以回去睡你的大觉了。
O.K., Templeton, the soap ad will do, I guess. 行,坦普尔顿,我想这肥皂广告合用。
I'm not sure Wilbur's action is exactly radiant, but it's interesting." 我说不准威尔伯的行动是不是百分之百地让它光彩照人,不过很好玩。”
"Actually," said Wilbur, "I feel radiant." “真的,”威尔伯说,“我觉得眼睛都发光了。”
"Do you?" said Charlotte, looking at him with affection. “是吗?”夏洛说,充满爱意地看着它,
"Well, you're a good little pig, “说实在的,你是只好小猪,
and radiant you shall be. 你会光彩照人的。
I'm in this thing pretty deep now - I might as well go the limit." 这件事我现在越陷越深,一不做二不休,我要把它做到底。”
vt.快速翻动;轻抛;轻拍;n.轻抛;adj.轻浮的
- I had a quick flip through the book and it looked very interesting.我很快翻阅了一下那本书,看来似乎很有趣。
- Let's flip a coin to see who pays the bill.咱们来抛硬币决定谁付钱。
adv.往回地,向原处,倒,相反,前后倒置地
- He turned on the light and began to pace backwards and forwards.他打开电灯并开始走来走去。
- All the girls fell over backwards to get the party ready.姑娘们迫不及待地为聚会做准备。
标签:
夏洛的网