绿野仙踪 第75期:神奇的翡翠城(10)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
"I thought you asked Dorothy to kill the Witch," said the Scarecrow, in surprise. 稻草人吃惊地说:“我想你已经要求多萝茜杀死那女巫了。”
"So I did. I don't care who kills her. “我是这么说过的。我不在乎谁杀掉她。
But until she is dead I will not grant 1 your wish. 但是除非是她死了,我不会答应你的愿望。
Now go, and do not seek me again until you have earned the brains you so greatly desire." 去吧,直到你可以得到这个渴望着的脑子以前,不要再来找我。”
The Scarecrow went sorrowfully back to his friends and told them what Oz had said; then she said, 'until the witch's dead I will not grant your wish.' 稻草人很忧愁地跑回到他的朋友们那里去,把奥芝说的一些什么话告诉他们;然后她说:“除非女巫死了,否则我不会满足你的愿望。”
and Dorothy was surprised to find that the Great Wizard 2 was not a Head, as she had seen him, but a lovely Lady. 多萝茜惊奇地发觉这位大魔术家,并不是像她所看见的一个大头,却是一位贵妇人。
"All the same," said the Scarecrow, "she needs a heart as much as the Tin Woodman." 稻草人说:“她虽然是一位美妇人,却和铁皮人一样,需要一颗心。”
On the next morning the soldier with the green whiskers came to the Tin Woodman and said: 第二天早晨,长着绿胡须的兵士,跑到铁皮人那里来说:
"Oz has sent for you. Follow me." “奥芝差人来叫你。跟我去。”
So the Tin Woodman followed him and came to the great Throne 3 Room. 因此铁皮人跟着他到那宫殿中去。
He did not know whether he would find Oz a lovely Lady or a Head, but he hoped it would be the lovely Lady. 他不知道将要看见奥芝是一位贵妇人,还是一个头,但是他希望将是一个贵妇人。
"For," he said to himself, "if it is the head, I am sure I shall not be given a heart, since a head has no heart of its own and therefore cannot feel for me. “因为,”他自己对自己说,“如果那是头,我相信我将得不到一颗心,因为一个头,它自己也没有心,所以不能够同情我。
But if it is the lovely Lady I shall beg hard for a heart, for all ladies are themselves said to be kindly 4 hearted." 但是倘使那是贵妇人,我将苦苦地恳求着要一颗心,因为所有的妇人们,据说大都是慈善心肠。”
vt.同意给予,授予,承认;n.拨款;补助款
- If you grant my request, you will earn my thanks.如果你答应我的要求,就会得到我的感谢。
- He requested that the premier grant him an internview.他要求那位总理接见他一次。
n.男巫,术士,鬼才;adj.男巫的,巫术的
- Edison was a wizard at invention.爱迪生是一个发明奇才。
- That's a fairy story about a wizard.那是讲一个男巫的童话。
n.御座,宝座;王位,王权
- He was the legal heir to the throne.他是王位的合法继承人。
- The throne was footed with gold.这御座是用黄金做的脚。
标签:
绿野仙踪