绿野仙踪 第50期:送命的罂粟花田(3)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
"Who are you and where are you going?" asked the Stork 1. 鹳鸟问:“你们为什么会在这里?你们要到哪里去?”
"I am Dorothy," answered the girl, "and these are my friends, “我是多萝茜,”女孩回答;“这些都是我的朋友,
the Tin Woodman and the Cowardly Lion; and we are going to the Emerald City." 铁皮人和小胆狮;我们都要去翡翠城的。”
"This isn't the road," said the Stork, as she twisted her long neck and looked sharply at the queer party. 鹳鸟扭了扭长颈,敏锐地看着这个团体时,说:“你们走错路啦。”
"I know it," returned Dorothy, "but we have lost the Scarecrow, and are wondering how we shall get him again." “我知道的,”多萝茜回答说,“只因为我们把稻草人丢在河中,正在想办法去救回他。”
"Where is he?" asked the Stork. 鹳鸟问:“稻草人在哪儿?”
"Over there in the river," answered the little girl. “瞧,在那里。”小女孩子用手指点它。
"If he wasn't so big and heavy I would get him for you," remarked the Stork. 鹳鸟说:“假如稻草人不是庞大而沉重,我很乐意把他救出来。”
"He isn't heavy a bit," said Dorothy eagerly, "for he is stuffed with straw; 多萝茜急忙说:“他一点儿也不重,他只是用稻草填塞的;
and if you will bring him back to us, we shall thank you ever and ever so much." 如果你能把他救回来,和我们团聚,我们会非常感激你。”
"Well, I'll try," said the Stork, "but if I find he is too heavy to carry I shall have to drop him in the river again." “好,我倒可以尝试一下,”鹳鸟说,“如果我带他时,觉得太重的话,我就不得不仍旧把他放在河当中的木杆上。”
So the big bird flew into the air and over the water till she came to where the Scarecrow was perched upon his pole. 接着,大鹳鸟就飞上水面的上空,直朝抱着木杆的稻草人飞过去。
Then the Stork with her great claws grabbed the Scarecrow by the arm and carried him up into the air and back to the bank, 用它的大爪,抓住稻草人的肩膀,提着他飞起来,回到岸滩上,
where Dorothy and the Lion and the Tin Woodman and Toto were sitting. 多萝茜和狮子,还有铁皮人和托托,都在那里焦急地等待着。
When the Scarecrow found himself among his friends again, he was so happy that he hugged them all, even the Lion and Toto; 当稻草人又回到朋友们身边时,他高兴得拥抱着他们,甚至连狮子和托托也不放过;
Oh, it's so good to see you again, it's not too bad, I thought you never make it, 哦,很高兴再次见到你,不算太糟,我以为你不会回来了,
and as they walked along he sang "Tol-de-ri-de-oh!" at every step, he felt so gay. 大伙儿继续向前走,他每走一步,唱着“独—提—列—提—呵!”他太高兴了。
"I was afraid I should have to stay in the river forever," he said, “我真怕我会永远留在河当中了,”稻草人解释说,
"but the kind Stork saved me, and if I ever get any brains I shall find the Stork again and do her some kindness in return." “然而那可爱的鹳鸟救出了我,假如我能够得到脑子,我要再找到鹳鸟,做一些事情来报答它。”
"That's all right," said the Stork, who was flying along beside them. “那很好,”鹳鸟一边说着,一边在他们旁边飞着。
"I always like to help anyone in trouble. “我非常愿意帮助遇到灾难的朋友。
But I must go now, for my babies are waiting in the nest for me. 现在我必须走了,因为我的孩子们都在窠里等着我。
I hope you will find the Emerald City and that Oz will help you." 我祝愿你们找到翡翠城,奥芝能帮助你们。”
"Thank you," replied Dorothy, and then the kind Stork flew into the air and was soon out of sight. “非常感谢,”多萝茜回答说,于是仁慈的鹳鸟就飞到空中去,很快就没了踪影。
They walked along listening to the singing of the brightly colored birds and looking at the lovely flowers which now became so thick that the ground was carpeted with them. 他们向前走着,听着披着艳丽羽毛的鸟儿们歌唱,看着可爱的花儿,把地面全铺满了。
There were big yellow and white and blue and purple blossoms, besides great clusters of scarlet 2 poppies, which were so brilliant in color they almost dazzled Dorothy's eyes. 那里有黄色的、白色的、蓝色的、紫色的大花朵,除此以外,还有一大簇、一大丛的深红色的罂粟花,它们的红色那么炽烈,几乎要灼伤了多萝茜的眼睛。
"Aren't they beautiful?" the girl asked, as she breathed in the spicy 3 scent 4 of the bright flowers. 小女孩快活地吸着那些花儿的香气,她问道:“它们不是很美丽吗?”
"I suppose so," answered the Scarecrow. "When I have brains, I shall probably like them better." “我想是的,”稻草人回答说。“如果我有了脑子,可能会更加喜欢它们。”
"If I only had a heart, I should love them," added the Tin Woodman. “假如我有了一颗心,我一定会爱它们。”铁皮人接着说。
"I always did like flowers," said the Lion. “我也非常喜欢花,”狮子说。
"They seem so helpless and frail 5. But there are none in the forest so bright as these." “它们虽然看上去娇嫩无力。那森林里的花,颜色却没有这般鲜亮。”
n.鹳
- A Fox invited a long-beaked Stork to have dinner with him.狐狸请长嘴鹳同他一起吃饭。
- He is very glad that his wife's going to get a visit from the stork.他为她的妻子将获得参观鹳鸟的机会感到非常高兴。
n.深红色,绯红色,红衣;adj.绯红色的
- The scarlet leaves of the maples contrast well with the dark green of the pines.深红的枫叶和暗绿的松树形成了明显的对比。
- The glowing clouds are growing slowly pale,scarlet,bright red,and then light red.天空的霞光渐渐地淡下去了,深红的颜色变成了绯红,绯红又变为浅红。
adj.加香料的;辛辣的,有风味的
- The soup tasted mildly spicy.汤尝起来略有点辣。
- Very spicy food doesn't suit her stomach.太辣的东西她吃了胃不舒服。
n.气味,香味,香水,线索,嗅觉;v.嗅,发觉
- The air was filled with the scent of lilac.空气中弥漫着丁香花的芬芳。
- The flowers give off a heady scent at night.这些花晚上散发出醉人的芳香。
标签:
绿野仙踪