绿野仙踪 第46期:惊险的旅程(7)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
"Well," said the Cowardly Lion, drawing a long breath 1 of relief, " I see we are going to live a little while longer, “好了,”胆小的狮子吸着一口长长的气安慰地说,“我们都能活得再长点了,
and I am glad of it, for it must be a very uncomfortable thing not to be alive. 我很高兴,因为死毕竟不是什么好事。
Those creatures frightened me so badly that my heart is beating yet." 这些该死的怪兽,那样凶猛的扑过来,使得我的心现在还跳得很厉害呢。”
"Ah," said the Tin Woodman sadly, "I wish I had a heart to beat." 铁皮人却忧愁地说:“唉,我倒希望我有一个心被吓得扑通扑通地跳着。”
This adventure made the travelers more anxious than ever to get out of the forest, 这样的冒险使这些旅客们更加急切地要离开这个森林。
and they walked so fast that Dorothy became tired, and had to ride on the Lion's back. 他们走得特别快,多萝茜非常疲倦不得不骑在狮子的背上。
To their great joy the trees became thinner the farther 2 they advanced, 一段时间过后树木逐渐变得稀疏,这让他们个个都兴奋起来。
and in the afternoon they suddenly came upon a broad river, flowing swiftly 3 just before them. 下午,他们突然走到了一条宽阔的大河前,河水流得很急。
On the other side of the water they could see the road of yellow brick 4 running through a beautiful country, 他们看见在河对岸的黄砖路通过一个美丽的地方。
with green meadows 5 dotted with bright flowers and all the road bordered with trees hanging full of delicious fruits. 在那绿油油的草地上,点缀着发光的花朵;砖路两旁的树木,挂满了鲜果。
They were greatly pleased to see this delightful 6 country before them. 他们看见前面有这么一块美好的地方心中充满了希望。
"How shall we cross the river?" asked Dorothy. 多萝茜问:“我们怎么过河?”
"That is easily done," replied the Scarecrow. "The Tin Woodman must build us a raft 7, so we can float to the other side." 稻草人回答说:“那很简单的,铁皮人必须给我们造个木筏,这样我们就可以漂到对岸去。”
n.呼吸,气息,微风,迹象,精神,一种说话的声音
- I'm just going out for a breath of fresh air.我正要出去呼吸新鲜空气。
- While climbing up the stairs the old man always loses his breath.那老人上楼时总是气喘吁吁的。
adj.更远的,进一步的;adv.更远的,此外;far的比较级
- I can throw the ball farther than you can.这个球我能比你扔得远。
- The farther hill is five kilometres away.那座更远的小山在五公里以外。
adv.快地,迅速地
- He came in swiftly and placed the child in my arms.他匆忙走进来把孩子放到我怀里。
- The police must be able to react swiftly in an emergency.警方在面对紧急情况时必须能迅速作出反应。
n.砖;vt.用砖砌,用砖堵住
- She stared blankly at the brick wall in front of her.她面无表情地瞪着面前的砖墙。
- I bought a brick of ice cream for my daughter.我给女儿买了块冰砖。
草地,牧场, (河边的)低洼地( meadow的名词复数 )
- The trail wends its way through leafy woodland and sunny meadows. 这条小径穿过葱郁的林区和洒满阳光的草地。
- They have railed the meadows off from the new railway cutting. 他们已用栏杆把草地和新铁道的路堑隔离开来。
adj.令人高兴的,使人快乐的
- We had a delightful time by the seashore last Sunday.上星期天我们在海滨玩得真痛快。
- Peter played a delightful melody on his flute.彼得用笛子吹奏了一支欢快的曲子。
标签:
绿野仙踪