绿野仙踪 第37期:一只胆小的狮子(5)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
"If you have," continued the Tin Woodman, "you ought to be glad, for it proves you have a heart. “如果你有心脏病,”铁皮人接下去说,“你应该感到高兴,因为那证明你有一颗心。
From my part, I have no heart; so I cannot have heart disease." 而我的身体里,没有心;因而也不会有心脏病。”
"Perhaps," said the Lion thoughtfully, "if I had no heart I should not be a coward." 可能,”狮子想了想说,“假如我没有心,就不会是一个胆小鬼了。”
"Have you brains?" asked the Scarecrow. “你有脑子吗?”稻草人问。
"I suppose so. I've never looked to see," replied the Lion. “我估计是有的。我从没有看过,”狮子回答说。
"I am going to the Great Oz to ask him to give me some," remarked the Scarecrow, "for my head is stuffed with straw." “我到伟大的奥芝那里去,请求他给我一个脑子,”稻草人说,“因为我脑袋里全是稻草。”
"And I am going to ask him to give me a heart," said the woodman. “我去请求他给我一颗心,”铁皮人说。
"And I am going to ask him to send Toto and me back to Kansas," added Dorothy. “我请求他将我和托托送回堪萨斯州。”多萝茜说。
"Do you think Oz could give me courage?" asked the Cowardly Lion. 胆小的狮子问:“你们觉得奥芝可以给我胆量吗?”
"Just as easily as he could give me brains," said the Scarecrow. “正像他给我脑子一样轻而易举,”稻草人说。
"Or give me a heart," said the Tin Woodman. “或者像给我一颗心一样地简单,”铁皮人说。
"Or send me back to Kansas," said Dorothy. “或者像送我回到堪萨斯州去一样地不费吹灰之力。”多萝茜说。
"Then, if you don't mind, I'll go with you," said the Lion, "for my life is simply unbearable 1 without a bit of courage." “既然如此,如果你们愿意我加入你们的团体的话,我会很高兴,”狮子说,“没有一点儿胆量的日子我再也过不下去了。”
adj.不能容忍的;忍受不住的
- It is unbearable to be always on thorns.老是处于焦虑不安的情况中是受不了的。
- The more he thought of it the more unbearable it became.他越想越觉得无法忍受。
标签:
绿野仙踪