绿野仙踪 第17期:救出稻草人(5)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
An old, pointed 1 blue hat, that had belonged to some Munchkin, was perched on his head, 戴着一顶芒奇金人的破旧蓝色的尖顶帽子,
and the rest of the figure was a blue suit of clothes, worn and faded, which had also been stuffed with straw. 身上套着蓝色的衣服,已经褪了色了,身体里面也是用稻草充塞。
On the feet were some old boots with blue tops, such as every man wore in this country, 脚上是一双这个国家人人都穿的那种蓝布面的旧鞋子。
and the figure was raised above the stalks of corn by means of the pole stuck up its back. 一根竹竿戳入他的背部,这家伙就被高高撑起在玉米杆上面了。
While Dorothy was looking earnestly into the queer, painted face of the Scarecrow, she was surprised to see one of the eyes slowly wink 2 at her. 正当多萝茜认真地看着那稻草人脸上的奇特色彩时,她吃惊地发现他正向她眨眼呢。
She thought she must have been mistaken at first, for none of the scarecrows in Kansas ever wink; 她原以为是她看花了眼,因为在堪萨斯州的稻草人,从来不眨眼的;
but presently the figure nodded its head to her in a friendly way. 然而眼前这个家伙,却又在友好地向她点点头。
Then she climbed down from the fence, and walked up to it, while Toto ran around the pole and barked. 于是她跳下短墙,走到他旁边,这时候托托在竹竿的周围跑着,吠着。
"Good day." said the Scarecrow, in a rather husky voice. “你好哇,”稻草人说,声音有几分嘶哑。
"Did you speak?" asked the girl in wonder. 小女孩惊讶地问道:“你会说话吗?”
" Certainly," answered the Scarecrow. "How do you do?" “当然,”稻草人回答说;“你好哇?”
" I'm pretty well, thank you," replied Dorothy politely. "How do you do?" “谢谢你,我很好,”多萝茜礼貌地回答到,“你好吗?”
" I'm not feeling well," said the Scarecrow, with a smile, 我很难受,”稻草人苦笑着说,
" for it is very tedious being perched up here night and day to scare away crows." “因为整天整夜地被撑在这里,吓走乌鸦们,是一件很乏味的事情。”
"Can't you get down?" asked Dorothy. 多萝茜问:“那你为什么不下来呢?”
"No, for this pole is stuck up my back. “我办不到,因为竹竿儿插在我的背里。
If you will please take away the pole, I shall be greatly obliged to you." 如果你帮我抽掉这根竿,我会非常感激你的。”
Dorothy reached up both arms and lifted the figure off the pole, for, being stuffed with straw, it was quite light. 多萝茜伸起两只手臂,把他从竹竿上举了下来,因为里面塞的是稻草,简直是轻而易举。
"Thank you very much," said the Scarecrow, when he had been set down on the ground. I feel like a new man." 当稻草人被放在地面上时,他说:“非常非常感谢你,我重获新生了。”
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
标签:
绿野仙踪