绿野仙踪 第27期:救出铁皮 人(3)
时间:2019-01-26 作者:英语课 分类:绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz
英语课
"Now oil the joints 1 of my arms." he said. “现在,把油加在我手臂的关节上,”他说。
And Dorothy oiled them, and the Scarecrow bent 2 them carefully until they were quite free from rust 3 and as good as new. 多萝茜把油加在它们上面。稻草人小心地把它们上下弯曲着,直等到铁皮人的手臂完全自由灵活地像新生的一样才罢手。
The Tin woodman gave a sigh of satisfaction and lowered his axe 4, which he leaned against the tree. 铁皮人满意地喘了一口气,放下了他靠在树上的斧头。
"This is a great comfort," he said. “真的太舒服了,”他说道,
"I have been holding that axe in the air ever since I rusted 5, “我锈住以后这把斧头一直举在空中。
and I'm glad to be able to put it down at last. 我很高兴最后把它放下来了。
Now, if you will oil the joints of my legs, I shall be all right once more." 现在,你把油加在我腿上的关节上,我就完全恢复了。”
So they oiled his legs until he could move them freely, 于是她们便把油加在他的腿上,直到他能自如的走动;
and he thanked them again and again for his release, for he seemed a very polite creature, and very grateful. 他非常感激他们救活了自己。他似乎是一个十分懂得礼貌的并且知道感激的家伙。
"I might have stood there always if you had not come along," he said; "so you have certainly saved my life. 他说:“假如你们不跑进来,也许我会永远举着斧头,是你们救活了我的命。
How did you happen to be here?" 那么你们怎么会到这里来?”
"We are on the way to the Emerald City to see the Great Oz. ," “我们是去翡翠城的,拜访那伟大的奥芝,”
she answered, "and we stopped at your cottage to pass the night." 她回答说,“我们昨天在你的茅舍里,住了一夜。”
"Why do you wish to see Oz?" he asked. 他问:“你们为什么要去拜访奥芝?”
"I want him to send me back to Kansas, and the Scarecrow wants him to put a few brains into his head," she replied. 她回答说:“我要请求他把我送回堪萨斯州去;稻草人要请求他给他一个脑子。”
The Tin Woodman appeared to think deeply for a moment. 铁皮人沉默了好一会儿。
Then he said: "Do you suppose Oz could give me a heart?" 随后他说:“你觉得奥芝能给我一颗心吗?”
接头( joint的名词复数 ); 关节; 公共场所(尤指价格低廉的饮食和娱乐场所) (非正式); 一块烤肉 (英式英语)
- Expansion joints of various kinds are fitted on gas mains. 各种各样的伸缩接头被安装在煤气的总管道上了。
- Expansion joints of various kinds are fitted on steam pipes. 各种各样的伸缩接头被安装在蒸气管道上了。
n.爱好,癖好;adj.弯的;决心的,一心的
- He was fully bent upon the project.他一心扑在这项计划上。
- We bent over backward to help them.我们尽了最大努力帮助他们。
n.锈;v.生锈;(脑子)衰退
- She scraped the rust off the kitchen knife.她擦掉了菜刀上的锈。
- The rain will rust the iron roof.雨水会使铁皮屋顶生锈。
n.斧子;v.用斧头砍,削减
- Be careful with that sharp axe.那把斧子很锋利,你要当心。
- The edge of this axe has turned.这把斧子卷了刃了。
标签:
绿野仙踪