美国小学英语教材3:第88课 情人节贺卡之旅(3)
时间:2019-01-16 作者:英语课 分类:美国小学英语教材3
英语课
"Oh me, oh my, what shall 1 I do?" thought the valentine. 哦,天哪,我该怎么办?情人节贺卡想。
"I may never get to the little girl at all, or if I do get to her, it may be way past Valentine's Day. 或许我根本就到不了小姑娘的手里,或许等我到她手里的时候,情人节早就过完了。
Perhaps I shall be here for weeks and weeks and then be thrown away." 也许我要在这儿呆好几周,然后被扔掉。
But the valentine did not know what happens when a stamp is lost. 情人节贺卡不知道邮票丢了会发生什么事。
And it did not know that there were still four days before Valentine's Day. 他也不知道离情人节还有四天。
One of the clerks in the post office saw the valentine's trouble. 一位邮局的工作人员发现了情人节贺卡的问题。
So he wrote out a card asking for a new stamp and sent the card to the address of the little girl. 于是他写了一张需要贴新邮票的卡片,并把这张卡片寄给了小女孩。
After that he put the valentine carefully away. 之后他小心地收起了情人节贺卡。
Two days later the little girl sent back the card in an envelope, and with the card was a stamp. 两天后,小女孩用信封寄回了这张卡片,跟卡片一起寄来的还有一张邮票。
That afternoon the valentine was lifted out of the place where it had been put away. 当天下午情人节贺卡被从收藏它的地方拿了出来。
"Oh, dear!" it cried. "I hope I am not going to be thrown away because there is no stamp on my envelope." 哦,亲爱的,它喊道,我希望自己不要因为信封上没有邮票而被扔掉。
No, indeed 2, it was not thrown away. 没有,事实上它没有被扔掉。
The new stamp was stuck on very tightly 3. 新邮票被紧紧地贴在了上面。
Then the valentine was put into a pile 4 of letters, which a clerk turned so that they were all right side up. 接着情人节贺卡被扔进了一堆信里面,一个工作人员收拾了一下,把它们都竖了起来。
adv.真正地,实际上;确实,实在;当然,固然;甚至;真的
- I thank you very much indeed for this interview.我十分感谢您这次接见。
- I didn't mind.Indeed,I was pleased.我不在意,甚至还很高兴。
adv.紧紧地,坚固地,牢固地
- My child holds onto my hand tightly while we cross the street.横穿马路时,孩子紧拉着我的手不放。
- The crowd pressed together so tightly that we could hardly breathe.人群挤在一起,我们几乎喘不过气来。
标签:
小学英语