影视听力 第41期:Funny Games趣味游戏
时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:影视英语听力
乔治(Tim Roth 蒂姆•罗素 饰)和安(Naomi Watts 1 娜奥米•沃茨 饰)带着儿子和爱犬来到城外岛某别墅度假,原本美好的假期却被两个不速之客破坏。两个打扮拘谨,文质彬彬的年轻人敲开乔治的房门,向他们借鸡蛋。安热情地接待他们,然而鸡蛋一次次被有意无意打破,他们的电话也被碰倒水中。安的忍耐到了极限,命令他们离开自己的房子。
年轻人非但不听,反而变本加厉,开始对乔治一家展开毫不留情的折磨与屠杀……
本片荣获2008年少年好莱坞奖一种视角最佳男主角奖(Brady Corbet)。
对话文本:(系普特网友整理,文本只包括旁白影评部分,不包括电影原声。)
Funny Games is one of the more repellent and disturbing movies I've seen in quite some time. I suspect that Michael Haneke might take those words as compliment or at least as affirmations that he is doing what he's set out to do.
In some way, this is a straightforward 2 slasher film. You have a bunch of attractive, innocent people who are tied up, abused, tortured, beaten, made to beg for their lives. But this movie also has, or I would say, pretends to have, a much loftier and more critical, intellectual and artistic 3 agenda. It doesn't want to just reproduce dread 4 and horror, but it wants to rub our faces in it and expose our, I mean in particular an American movie audience's, moral complicity, our voyeurism 5, the relish 6 with which we consume spectacles of suffering and pain and violent brutality 7. And it wants to make us feel ashamed and guilty and queasy 8 about that appetite.
I don't think Haneke really lends very many of his criticisms. This movie I don't think succeeds in really disturbing the audience and getting us to think about what we are looking at. Instead, it just functions as a kind of highbrow exploitation film that allows you to enjoy what it's doing while also pretending that, you know, you're doing something more serious or self-reflective.
I'm no big fan of movies like the Saw movies or the Hostel 9 franchise 10 that were sometimes called "torture porn." But I have to say that those films have a lot more integrity, a lot more honesty about their intentions, and maybe a lot more self-awareness and self-critical potential than Michael Haneke's Funny Games, which is a very smug, complacent 11, arch, superior movie that tries to rub our noses in our own experience other than make us somehow responsible for it. But we're not in fact responsible for it, Michael Haneke is responsible for it, and he's responsible for perpetrating, I think, one of the bigger cinematic frauds of the year.
- My lamp uses 60 watts; my toaster uses 600 watts. 我的灯用60瓦,我的烤面包器用600瓦。
- My lamp uses 40 watts. 我的灯40瓦。
- A straightforward talk is better than a flowery speech.巧言不如直说。
- I must insist on your giving me a straightforward answer.我一定要你给我一个直截了当的回答。
- The picture on this screen is a good artistic work.这屏风上的画是件很好的艺术品。
- These artistic handicrafts are very popular with foreign friends.外国朋友很喜欢这些美术工艺品。
- We all dread to think what will happen if the company closes.我们都不敢去想一旦公司关门我们该怎么办。
- Her heart was relieved of its blankest dread.她极度恐惧的心理消除了。
- Portraiture merges here with voyeurism and surveillance. 肖像拍摄中夹杂着偷窥和监视。 来自互联网
- And while Wife Swap was pure voyeurism, Boss Swap hints at some real issues. 《换妻》纯粹反映了一种偷窥心理,而《互换老板》则影射了一些真实的问题。 来自互联网
- I have no relish for pop music.我对流行音乐不感兴趣。
- I relish the challenge of doing jobs that others turn down.我喜欢挑战别人拒绝做的工作。
- The brutality of the crime has appalled the public. 罪行之残暴使公众大为震惊。
- a general who was infamous for his brutality 因残忍而恶名昭彰的将军
- I felt a little queasy on the ship.我在船上觉得有点晕眩想呕吐。
- He was very prone to seasickness and already felt queasy.他快晕船了,已经感到恶心了。
- I lived in a hostel while I was a student.我求学期间住在青年招待所里。
- He says he's staying at a Youth Hostel.他说他现住在一家青年招待所。
- Catering in the schools is run on a franchise basis.学校餐饮服务以特许权经营。
- The United States granted the franchise to women in 1920.美国于1920年给妇女以参政权。
- We must not become complacent the moment we have some success.我们决不能一见成绩就自满起来。
- She was complacent about her achievements.她对自己的成绩沾沾自喜。