新东方商务口语[22]:sick days病假
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:新东方商务口语
sick days病假
CEO: I've read your report, and I'm not sure I agree with you. You think you can get attendance inproved by requiring salaried employees to take their all of their sick days?
我已经看了你的报告,我的看法可能跟你有所不同。你觉得所有年薪员工病了就必须休病假可以提高出勤率吗?
HR Manager: That's right. I know it must sound crazy to you, but we believe there will be fewer absences this way.
是的。我知道听起来一定有点不可思议,但是这样可以减少缺勤。
CEO: We give them 10 or 15 sick days per year. Surely requiring people to take them couldn't possibly help. It sounds like a counter - productive policy change to me.
员工每年可以休十到十五天的病假。硬性规定有病必须歇假肯定不会提高出勤率,我觉得这像是会产生负面效果的制度修订。
HR Manager: Right now, we have incentives 1 encouraging employees to come to work as often as possible. But employees with colds
and the flu are coming to work and infecting their colleagues.
目前,我们的各种奖励制度都是鼓励员工尽可能多地出勤。可患有感冒和流感的员工来上班就会传染别人的。
CEO: I see. So our current policies are encouraing sick people to come to work, resulting in more sick employees.
我明白了。目前的规定鼓励生病的人也来上班,势必会使更多的人生病。
HR Manager: That's right. If sick days were mandatory 2, sick people would stay home. We wouldn't have these company-wide epidemics 3. 是的。如果生了病就必须在家休病假的话,公司就不会发生大面积的*疾病。
CEO: Let's give it a shot!
那我们就试试看吧。
attendance出勤率
absence缺勤率
incentives奖励机制
sick days病假
mandatory强制性的
give it a shot进行尝试
- tax incentives to encourage savings 鼓励储蓄的税收措施
- Furthermore, subsidies provide incentives only for investments in equipment. 更有甚者,提供津贴仅是为鼓励增添设备的投资。 来自英汉非文学 - 环境法 - 环境法
- It's mandatory to pay taxes.缴税是义务性的。
- There is no mandatory paid annual leave in the U.S.美国没有强制带薪年假。