新东方商务口语[38]:协商(2):合同条款
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:新东方商务口语
协商(2): 合同条款
Catherine: Have you had a chance to look over the contract?
您看过合同了吗?
Jerry: Yes, it looks great. The only problem we might have is with the termination clause.
是的,很好.唯一有问题的是终止合同的那一条.
Catherine: How’s that?
怎么了?
Jerry: Well, it says that either party can terminate, given just 60 days’ notice.
合同上说任何一方终止合同,只要提前60天通知对方即可.
Catherine: Yes. That gives you a way out if you have second thoughts or if some problem comes up.
是的, 如果你们改变想法或有问题发生,这一条给了你们退路.
Jerry: I appreciate that. But what protection do we have if you decided 1 to terminate early? We’ll be left with empty shelves right in the middle of the Christmas season!
谢谢.但是如果你们决定提前终止合同,我们有什么保障呢?那样圣诞节购物节间我们就没货了.
Catherine: We can easily change that, if that’s what is worrying you. As long as you are complying with the terms of the contract, we wouldn’t have any reason to terminate.
如果这一条使你担心,我们可以对这一条做些修改.只要你们遵守合同条款,我们没有理由终止合同.
Jerry: Thanks! That would be reassuring 2 to us.
谢谢.那我们就安心了.
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
- He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. 他轻拍了一下她的肩膀让她放心。
- With a reassuring pat on her arm, he left. 他鼓励地拍了拍她的手臂就离开了。