创业成功人士访谈录 第66期:吉米韦尔我们将为世界带来积极的改变(1)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录
英语课
How do you think Wikipedia will evolve as technology evolves?
随着技术的不断发展,你认为维基百科将会怎样发展?
Can you foresee, by say 2020, a way for Wikipedians to create editable, interactive 1 videos about a topic?
你预测到2020年,维基百科会针对某些词条增加可编辑的互动视频吗?
I think we’ll see a lot of advances in video.
我想我们会看到视频方面的很多进步。
One of the things I like to point out is that Wikipedia is a social innovation, not a technical innovation.
有一点我需要指出的是,维基百科其实不是技术革新,而是社会革新。
All the tools necessary to create Wikipedia existed in 1995 when Ward 2 Cunningham invented the wiki editing concept.
它需要的所有技术工具,在1995年沃德坎宁安发明维基百科编辑概念时就都存在了。
Web server, web browser 3, database, wiki.
网络服务器、网络浏览器、数据库、维基百科。
What technologies already exist today for collaborative video editing?
维基百科会利用现有的技术增加协同视频编辑功能?
Well, having said that, I will also say that words are far more fluid than video, and always will be.
嗯,说到这一点,我认为,文字的灵活性比视频好得多,以后也是这样。
If I don’t quite like what you have written, I can adjust it slightly until we are both satisfied.
如果我对你提供的文字材料并不认同,就可以稍作更改,直到大家达成共识为止。
But once a video has been shot, there is a very limited set of things that can be done about it.
视频材料一旦拍摄完成,剩下能做的事就很有限。
British-American author Andrew Keen, the self-described antichrist of Silicon 4 Valley, gets a kick out of regularly blasting Wikipedia.
美国硅谷有一位自称为伪基督徒的美籍英国作家安德鲁基恩,定期地抨击维基百科。
He pointed 5 out that the Harry 6 Potter article is longer than the Hamlet article, and because Hamlet is more historically significant, this somehow represents a shortcoming in Wikipedia.
他的论据之一就是,“哈利波特”条目的长度居然超过“哈姆雷特”,因为哈姆雷特更具历史意义,这就显出了维基百科的不足。
Do you find his logic 7 lacking?
你觉得他的分析缺乏逻辑吗
I don’t think the words “Andrew Keen” and “logic” generally belong in the same sentence.
我觉得“安德鲁.基恩”和“逻辑”根本不应该出现在同一个句子里。
No, I’m just teasing! The overall thrust of his argument is not compelling to me.
不,我只是在开玩笑。我不觉得他的批评令人信服。
Regarding the question of the length of Wikipedia entries, I don’t find the argument compelling at all.
说到维基百科词条的长度,它根本不能说明什么。
Some criticisms about Wikipedia entries of various lengths is actually misplaced simply due to how we slice-and-dice the world.
一些关于维基百科词条长度实际上并不合适的批评依据的仅仅是我们的世界观。
1 interactive
adj.相互作用的,互相影响的,(电脑)交互的
- The psychotherapy is carried out in small interactive groups.这种心理治疗是在互动的小组之间进行的。
- This will make videogames more interactive than ever.这将使电子游戏的互动性更胜以往。
2 ward
n.守卫,监护,病房,行政区,由监护人或法院保护的人(尤指儿童);vt.守护,躲开
- The hospital has a medical ward and a surgical ward.这家医院有内科病房和外科病房。
- During the evening picnic,I'll carry a torch to ward off the bugs.傍晚野餐时,我要点根火把,抵挡蚊虫。
3 browser
n.浏览者
- View edits in a web browser.在浏览器中看编辑的效果。
- I think my browser has a list of shareware links.我想在浏览器中会有一系列的共享软件链接。
4 silicon
n.硅(旧名矽)
- This company pioneered the use of silicon chip.这家公司开创了使用硅片的方法。
- A chip is a piece of silicon about the size of a postage stamp.芯片就是一枚邮票大小的硅片。
5 pointed
adj.尖的,直截了当的
- He gave me a very sharp pointed pencil.他给我一支削得非常尖的铅笔。
- She wished to show Mrs.John Dashwood by this pointed invitation to her brother.她想通过对达茨伍德夫人提出直截了当的邀请向她的哥哥表示出来。
标签:
创业