创业成功人士访谈录 第70期:吉米韦尔我们将为世界带来积极的改变(5)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录
英语课
Will it be harder or easier for you to reach a $6 million donation goal in 2009?
2009年募集600万美元经费的任务,实现起来会更难还是更容易?
Since traffic is growing (according to Comscore) by 4% per month still,I think it will be easier to reach $6 million dollars
根据康姆斯克的数据,我们的访问量每个月大概增长4%,所以我想应该更容易一些吧。
since we will be 66% larger in terms of reach by next fundraiser as compared to last fundraiser.
因为下一次开始募集的时候,从访问量上看,我们的规模比上一次大了66%。
On the other hand, I suppose everyone is watching with nervousness about the financial crisis!
另一方面,我怀疑每个人都在为金融危机而担忧!
You've set a tone that Wikipedia has a much deeper responsibility to the world than to act, simply, as a encyclopedia 1.
你为维基百科设定了宏伟的目标,远远超过了百科全书本来的角色。
In what ways do you think Wikipedia will permanently 2 change the fabric 3 of humanity?
你觉得维基百科会通过什么方式永久地改变人性呢?
Well,if we do our job right, we will be a positive change for the world. Wikipedia will be a little bit dry, a little bit uncontroversial,
如果我们做好这个项目,我们就为世界带来了一些积极的变化。维基百科可能有一点枯燥并且不会引起争端,
but a place where people of all stripes turn for clear explanations and information that allows them to have more difficult debates in a rational and evidence-based manner.
但是人们从维基百科上得到了清晰的解释和足够的信息,这使得他们可以更理性和客观地探讨更难的问题。
Did you catch this CollegeHumor.com satire 4 of Wikipedia? Did you find it amusing?
你看过大学幽默网站关于维基百科的讽刺漫画了吗?你觉得好笑吗?
Hilarious 5!
非常有趣!
I’d like to see a roundtable discussion involving you, Andrew Keen, Jason Calacanis,Noam Chomsky, and Ron Paul.
我希望你和安德鲁基恩,贾森卡拉卡尼斯,诺姆乔姆斯基以及罗恩保罗可以进行一次圆桌讨论。
55 minutes into the discussion,a thunderous gong would go off and a mystery guest would emerge and immediately inject himself into the conversation.
讨论进行55分钟,响亮的铜锣声响起,这时神秘嘉宾登场并立即融入对话当中。
As odd as this sounds,I am 100% serious about one day setting this up.
这听起来很奇怪,但是我100%肯定有一天我一定会把这件事儿办成。
There’s no doubt a video of the event would serve as tremendous linkbait~quite an interesting collection of people.
毫无疑问,这次会议的视频会吸引很多人点击.这是非常有趣的一伙人。
Would you participate in this roundtable discussion if your airfare was paid for?
如果我们支付你的机票的话,你愿意加入到这次圆桌讨论中来吗?
Yes, gladly. What an interesting set of characters.
好的,很高兴有机会参加。这会是个有趣的会议。
1 encyclopedia
n.百科全书
- The encyclopedia fell to the floor with a thud.那本百科全书砰的一声掉到地上。
- Geoff is a walking encyclopedia.He knows about everything.杰夫是个活百科全书,他什么都懂。
2 permanently
adv.永恒地,永久地,固定不变地
- The accident left him permanently scarred.那次事故给他留下了永久的伤疤。
- The ship is now permanently moored on the Thames in London.该船现在永久地停泊在伦敦泰晤士河边。
3 fabric
n.织物,织品,布;构造,结构,组织
- The fabric will spot easily.这种织品很容易玷污。
- I don't like the pattern on the fabric.我不喜欢那块布料上的图案。
标签:
创业