创业成功人士访谈录 第74期:乔恩特克纳我们将为世界带来积极的改变(4)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录
英语课
Besides the desktop 1, where do you see the potential growth coming from?
除了桌面浏览器,您认为其他的潜在增长点在哪里?
Mostly mobile,but I think there’s a lot of potential in all the markets. The set-top box and TVs and cars and planes
主要是移动设备。但我认为所有市场都有很大潜力。机顶盒、电视、汽车和飞机
—there’s a lot of different places where using Web technology makes a lot of sense.
有很多地方可以使用网站技术。
What exactly are your plans to really build out your presence here in the American market?
您想在美国扩大市场占有,有哪些具体的实施方案?
We’re putting more and more people on the ground here in the United States....
我们在美国的员工越来越多。
The mobile market in this country has been trailing the rest of the world.
美国的移动市场一直在拉动全世界发展。
But we expect that there’s going to be a total change in the next five years when it comes to browsers 2 and phones.
但我们预计未来5年里浏览器手机会有很大变化。
You’ll have full browsers like Opera on the phone, and we think we have the strongest product in that market.
手机现在可以用Opera浏览器的全部功能浏览网页
We’re going to push very hard to make sure that we have the market share that we should be having.
我们坚信在这一市场我们拥有最好的产品。我们会努力前进,确保能获得应得的市场份额。
In Europe, are you seeing that shift?
你看到欧洲市场的改变了吗?
There's a significant movement toward this...It's taken a few years, but it’s happening now.
在这方面有巨大的变化这花费了几年时间,但是现在这个时刻终于到了。
Are you seeing real consumer applications yet?
公司现在有真正意义上的消费者应用程序了吗?
Well, I mean, we were on 8.8 million phones last year, and that’s up from 2 million the year before and 200,000 the year before that.
去年有880万部手机安装了Opera浏览器,而前年只有200万部,大前年才20万部
So I think there’s a definite trend.
所以我认为这是潮 流所向。
Do you expect companies will stop making WAP Web sites and just start doing HTML?
您有没有想到其他公司会停止制作WAP (—种手机上网协议)网站,开始做HTML (超文本链接标示语言)网站?
I think that makes a lot of sense. I mean WAP doesn’t really have a future. I think most people realize that.
我觉得这说得通。我认为WAP未来没什么前途,我想大多数人也都意识到这一点。
With WAP 1,it was a totally separate thing, right. With WAP 2, it’s still close to the Web but it’s still incompatible 3.
WAP 1和Web完全分离,WAP 2和Web靠近了些,但还是不兼容。
1 desktop
n.桌面管理系统程序;台式
- My computer is a desktop computer of excellent quality.我的计算机是品质卓越的台式计算机。
- Do you know which one is better,a laptop or a desktop?你知道哪一种更好,笔记本还是台式机?
2 browsers
浏览器
- Three-layer architecture is a model made up of browser, web server and background database server. 这种体系结构是由Browser、Web Server、Database Server组成的浏览器/Web服务器/后台数据库服务器三层模型。 来自互联网
- Another excellent approach is to abandon the browser entirely and, instead, create a non-browser-based, Internet-enabled application. 另一个非常好的方法是干脆放弃浏览器,取而代之,创建一个不基于浏览器,但却是基于互联网的应用。 来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
3 incompatible
adj.不相容的,不协调的,不相配的
- His plan is incompatible with my intent.他的计划与我的意图不相符。
- Speed and safety are not necessarily incompatible.速度和安全未必不相容。
标签:
创业