创业成功人士访谈录 第94期:我始终认为自己还是个初学者(5)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录
英语课
I had actually toyed with the idea last year.
去年开始我就在为这个想法准备了
Then I decided 1 to get a booth only once I have at least 2 products to sell.
当时决定一旦我有至少两个产品可以销售就参展。
By that standard the time was ripe this year.
没想到今年时间成熟了。
Actually this may not have been my best idea.
或许这并不是最好的主意
Many people were confused by the fact that I had 2 so very different products to show.
因为很多人看到我有两个差别如此之大的产品都觉得很困惑。
My advice: less flyers more business cards. I handed out only 1,000 of my 4,000 flyers.
我的建议是:少用传单,多发名片。我准备了4000份宣传单,但只送出了1000份
But I ran out of business cards. I think I will try selling on the show floor next year.
过名片可是统统发光了。我想明年我会在展示层做些销售。
This year I had a 20% coupon 2 code on my flyers.
今年的宣传单上我放了8折优惠券
Yet I can trace only very little sales back to that coupon code.
但是仅仅极少数最终转化为购买。
Pricing is always a tricky 3 problem for indie developers, yet you wrote that some people at Macworld thought your prices were too cheap!
定价问题对独立开发者而言始终是个难题,你提到有些人认为你在《苹 果电脑世界》展会上的定价太低!
How did you arrive at your pricing strategy?
你是如何制定价格策略的?
I must admit to having no idea on how to price my products right.
我得承认对于制定产品价格我毫无概念。
I have members of the community advising me to lower my price while other encourage me to up it.
社会上有人建议我压低价格,也有人说应该提高。
So far, on the rare occasions where I got user feedback on pricing, they wanted it to be cheaper or even free.
目前为止,少数涉及价格的用户反馈都是希望能便宜些,甚至免费。
Then on the Macworld show floor the situation was all different.
但是在《苹果电脑世界》展示层上所显示的情形则完全相反。
I had countless 4 people remark that my pricing was low or even too low.
无数人说我的产品价格偏低或者太低。
I guess the cheapskates are faster to fire off email.
或许吝啬鬼们都比较擅长删除电子邮件吧。
What would you say is the single most critical factor necessary to become a full-time 5 indie Mac developer?
你觉得成为全职独立苹果机开发者的唯一必要的条件是什么?
If only I knew. Actually I don’t think there is one single factor.
我也不知道。事实上我认为有不止一项条件
There is the product; there is quality..and luck.
除了产品,还有质量…包括运气。
I believe that courteous 6 customer support is a big factor in this equation.
我相信忠诚客户支持在这个等式里是很重要的。
I get most emails answered within minutes. 24 hours at the very latest.
大部分电子邮件我都是立刻回复的,最迟不超过24小时。
Thank you so much for sharing your insights!
感谢你能和我们分享你的观点。
Thank you for having me.
感谢你采访我。
1 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
2 coupon
n.息票,配给票,附单
- The coupon can be used once only.此优惠券只限使用一次。
- I have a coupon for ten pence off a packet of soap.我有一张优惠券买一盒肥皂可以便宜十便士。
3 tricky
adj.狡猾的,奸诈的;(工作等)棘手的,微妙的
- I'm in a rather tricky position.Can you help me out?我的处境很棘手,你能帮我吗?
- He avoided this tricky question and talked in generalities.他回避了这个非常微妙的问题,只做了个笼统的表述。
4 countless
adj.无数的,多得不计其数的
- In the war countless innocent people lost their lives.在这场战争中无数无辜的人丧失了性命。
- I've told you countless times.我已经告诉你无数遍了。
标签:
创业