创业成功人士访谈录 第84期:我们不是也永远不会成头一个生产机构(4)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录
英语课
With time to market issues being so critical, pre-manufacturing services have become a major influence on the ultimate success of your product.
由于入市时间问题十分关键,因此制造前服务对产品取得最终成功发挥着重要的影响作用。
How much cost impact can you have by getting the product right for manufacturing from the very outset?
最开始的生产前准备对成本会有多大影响?
This is hard to quantify exactly. I would suggest however that the savings 1 can be significant.
这很难给出一个具体数目。但我可以说,我们节省了很大成本。
Again, if you consider the value of the benefits I mentioned previously 2,
如果你考虑到我之前提及的那些益处所具备的价值
reduced cost of materials due to fewer proto spins, reduced design and development time, reduced time for debugging,
这些益处包括:因原型旋转数减少而降低的材料成本、设计和开发时间及调试时间缩短
reduced manufacturing set-up costs, and ultimately a quicker time to market, then you would have to agree that there is a major cost impact.
生产启动成本减少及最终的入市速度提高,你就得赞同我的观点,认为其中的确存在重大的成本影响力。
It will of course vary by product and customer,and not all prototypes necessarily benefit from our approach.
当然,因产品和客户不同。我们的方法并非对所有原型有益。
For example, if you are simply changing a few parts on an existing board, we consider that rev 3 roll and it should be done by your current production house.
例如, 如果你只是在现有的电路板上更换了一些零部件,那么我们认为这并无多大用处,这项工作应该由你们现在的生产机构来完成。
Given that products have smaller and smaller market windows, it must be very important to accelerate the speed at which a product can get into production.
如果产品的市场窗□越来越小,那么就很有必要加快产品投产速度。
How can you improve this process?
你们是如何改进这一流程的呢?
It’s all about execution! We are very focused as this is all we do for a living
这完全靠执行!我们在这方面十分专注,因为这是我们谋生的途径。
and now have 10 years worth of processes and procedures put in place which has made us rather good at this role.
目前,我们有效地运用了10年来积累的诸多工艺和流程,这使我们非常出色地完成了这项任务。
Due to our size and experience we are able to be more flexible and act more nimbly than most other larger companies.
由于我们具备一定的规模和经验,因此我们更加自由,行动起来要比许多其他大型公司更加灵活。
For example, we are willing and able to implement 4 an ECO based on an email or fax request from someone authorized 5 at our customer.
例如,我们乐于并且也能够按照客户方主管的要求,以电子邮件或传真的形式执行设计变动命令 (ECO)。
We don’t require a formal ECO process that serves no other purpose than to delay the build.
我们不需要正式的设计变动命令流程,这种命令只会延误生产。
1 savings
n.存款,储蓄
- I can't afford the vacation,for it would eat up my savings.我度不起假,那样会把我的积蓄用光的。
- By this time he had used up all his savings.到这时,他的存款已全部用完。
2 previously
adv.以前,先前(地)
- The bicycle tyre blew out at a previously damaged point.自行车胎在以前损坏过的地方又爆开了。
- Let me digress for a moment and explain what had happened previously.让我岔开一会儿,解释原先发生了什么。
3 rev
v.发动机旋转,加快速度
- It's his job to rev up the audience before the show starts.他要负责在表演开始前鼓动观众的热情。
- Don't rev the engine so hard.别让发动机转得太快。
4 implement
n.(pl.)工具,器具;vt.实行,实施,执行
- Don't undertake a project unless you can implement it.不要承担一项计划,除非你能完成这项计划。
- The best implement for digging a garden is a spade.在花园里挖土的最好工具是铁锹。
5 authorized
a.委任的,许可的
- An administrative order is valid if authorized by a statute.如果一个行政命令得到一个法规的认可那么这个命令就是有效的。
标签:
创业