时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:创业成功人士访谈录


英语课

   It’s not an area where everything is sorted out. You can explore and experiment with new ideas. The creative high keeps me going for months.


  在这里并不是所有问题都很清晰。你可以用新观念探索和实验。创新的快感在我这里持续了几个月。
  Where did traditions such as the “wall of sheep” come from?
  你们的“绵羊墙”传统是怎么来的?
  (Where you post the passwords and usernames of laptop users who aren’t careful on the wireless 1 network.)
  (将一些使用无线网络的粗心笔记本用户的用户名和密码写在无线网上。
  It just started one year where people wrote them down on paper plates and put them up on the wall.
  刚开始一年,人们把那些账户写在纸盘上并挂在墙上
  The wireless network is like a free-for-all combat zone where you take your own risks.
  无线网络是免费的格斗场,风险自担
  The No. 1 offender 2 this year is the iPhone. The iPhone wants to auto-associate with any wireless network that it finds.
  今年头号入侵者是iPhone。iPhone想和它发现的任何无线网络自动关联。
  Your badges are electronic gadgets 3. And there is the press badge and the “human” badge, as if the press were not human?
  你们的胸牌是电子的,我看到还有媒体专用胸牌和“人类”专用胸牌,难道媒体不是人类吗?
  And there are strict guidelines for the press.
  你们对媒体有很多限制吗?
  That’s right. The press behavior has been sporadic 4. The guidelines wouldn’t be there if they behaved.
  是的。媒体行为是不定时发生的,媒体行为不检所以我们才为他们制定了制度
  We had to kick out G4 this year for violating the rules. They panned through the room without getting permission from people they shot, as the guidelines say.
  今年,我们把违犯了规定的G4赶了出去。他们在一个房间中,未经同意拍摄与会者,这与会规相违背。
  It‘s always the TV cameras that violate the rules. They just want to get great shots.
  那些电视摄像镜头总是规则的破坏者,他们只想着镜头效果
  They want the green hair or the pierced faces for their 15-second sound bites. We get better stories from writers.
  他们喜欢拍那些绿头发和穿孔的脸,就为了他们那15秒钟的原声摘要播出。那些文字记者写的东西更好。
  Is there a connection between physical security and cyber security? You have lockpickers here.
  在现实世界的物理安全和网络空间中的安全之间是否有某种接合?你们这里有开锁人吗?
  It’s more that physical and computer security are interesting to the type of people we draw.
  我们吸引的不只是那些喜欢懂物理和计算机安全的人。
  They are interested in how things work. They take things apart.
  他们对事物的工作原理感兴趣。他们把事物区分来看。
  It’s using a different part of your brain for hands-on work. They like to do the unconventional.
  用大脑的不同部分来处理手头的工作。他们喜欢做一些非传统的事情。

1 wireless
adj.无线的;n.无线电
  • There are a lot of wireless links in a radio.收音机里有许多无线电线路。
  • Wireless messages tell us that the ship was sinking.无线电报告知我们那艘船正在下沉。
2 offender
n.冒犯者,违反者,犯罪者
  • They all sued out a pardon for an offender.他们请求法院赦免一名罪犯。
  • The authorities often know that sex offenders will attack again when they are released.当局一般都知道性犯罪者在获释后往往会再次犯案。
3 gadgets
n.小机械,小器具( gadget的名词复数 )
  • Certainly. The idea is not to have a house full of gadgets. 当然。设想是房屋不再充满小配件。 来自超越目标英语 第4册
  • This meant more gadgets and more experiments. 这意味着要设计出更多的装置,做更多的实验。 来自英汉非文学 - 科学史
4 sporadic
adj.偶尔发生的 [反]regular;分散的
  • The sound of sporadic shooting could still be heard.仍能听见零星的枪声。
  • You know this better than I.I received only sporadic news about it.你们比我更清楚,而我听到的只是零星消息。
标签: 创业