新东方商务口语[15]:过海关Going through Customs
时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:新东方口语商务与个人
Business Travel 商务旅行
Official: Did you pack this bag yourself? Has it been out of your possession 2 at any time before checking-in?
是您自已收拾的行李吗?在检票前有有别人帮助保管?
Mr. Lee: Yes, I packed it myself, and it hasn’t been out of my possession.
是的,我自已收拾的,一直是自己保管。
Official: Are you bringing in any plants or animal products?
您带了动植物产品吗?
Mr. Lee: No.
没有。
Official: Our sniffer dog seems to disagree. Do you mind if we look in your suitcase?
嗅探犬好像有不同意见。我可以检查您的包吗?
Mr. Lee: Not at all. Go right ahead.
请便。
Official: What’s this sir?
这是什么,先生?
Mr. Lee: It’s traditional Chinese Medicine. I mix it with hot water like tea. Sorry. I forgot about it.
这是中药。用热水冲泡,喝起来像茶。对不起,我忘记了。
Official: What are these red things sir?
这些红色的东西是什么?
Mr. Lee: Oh no! I forgot about those too! Those are Chinese sausages for my Aunt Lily.
糟糕! 这个我也忘了。这些是我给lily阿姨带的中国腊肠。
Official: I’m sorry sir, but you can’t take any of this into the country. We will also have to check your carry-on. Please step this way. Don’t’ be nervous; we’ll just look through it briefly 3 and then if there are no further problems you’ll be free to go.
对不起,先生。您不能带这些东西入境。我们还要检查您的手提包。请这边走。不用紧张,我们只是简单看一下,如果没有别的问题,您就可以走了。
- The customs officials turned the man over to the French police.海关官员把那个人移交给了法国警察。
- They are collecting customs.他们正在收缴关税。
- According to facts in my possession he can't possibly be guilty.根据我所掌握的事实,他是不可能有罪的。
- The land is in the possession of the merchant.这块地为该商人所有。